DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
LameLefty said:
Okay then - back on topic. Does anyone know if the national 0xEB rollout will be Wednesday the 15th as reported by several folks (heard from D* CSRs apparently)?
It is not a given that it will be the 15th, or when ever.
As of this morning, the decision has not been made on when/if 0xEB will go national.

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
As of this morning, the decision has not been made on when/if 0xEB will go national.
What kind of feedback are you hearing since many of the same bugs that were in the prior release are in 0xeb?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
btmoore said:
What kind of feedback are you hearing since many of the same bugs that were in the prior release are in 0xeb?
When EB started to rollout, the next version entered the testing phase.
They are discussing the benefits of rolling out EB vs not.

· Godfather
267 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Based upon the fact that this last update has INTRODUCED major bugs that customers like myself had never experienced before (black screen unwatchable recordings), I think they should work on it some more before doing a national rollout of this software. THis software definitely needs to be polished a little more...

· Godfather
272 Posts
g4jedi said:
Based upon the fact that this last update has INTRODUCED major bugs that customers like myself had never experienced before (black screen unwatchable recordings), I think they should work on it some more before doing a national rollout of this software. THis software definitely needs to be polished a little more...
I've had it happen with 0xE3, as well. In fact, my blank recording with 0xE3 crashed the DVR completely.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
g4jedi said:
Out of all the bugs reported, not one hasn't been reported before in a previous version... at least not one that I have seen reported.

Granted, some people that never had problems before, have now said they have had some of the problems... but there are others that had problems, that now don't.

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
g4jedi said:
I think bad luck just caught up with you and others, most all of these bugs have survived all the prior releases.

I don't know what they are doing in the software, certanly doesn't look like they are fixing it. They need to be focused on core functionality. A DVR needs to R.

· Godfather
267 Posts
I understand that these major issues have been around since day one for some folks. I get that. The thing is, we have not changed our watching and recording habbits at all since we got our HR20. Shows that we used to be able to record without a problem, now give the black screen of death. As far as the lockups, this thing is a computer for all intensive purposes, so I can let it slide. That is... unless it becomes a daily routine! All I can say is I hope there is another update SOON that brings our HR20 back to the way it was when we first got it!

· Hall Of Fame
1,095 Posts
If you don't like the HR20 then give yours back to D* and get another HR10 on ebay, just don't come here and flame the HR20 or those of us who like the unit.
I agree 100%. Love the HR20, better than the HR10 :D :D :D

· Legend
210 Posts
Smart move on holding off on EB if its not ready... maybe MAYBE the same logic w/ the box too Hr20?

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
DStern said:
Blitz68, I'm sure that you do now, but please write back when you try MPEG4 recordings.

Its the difference between last years Steelers and this years....
I'm not Blitz, but MPEG4 recordings are working great in Nashville. I've seen very noticeable improvements in picture quality in the last three weeks and haven't had any substantial problems really. I had one HD Superfan that was deleted two weeks ago but that apparently has been fixed on 0XEB.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
PurdueGradMem said:
I take it EB will not be released to the rest of the country. I guess that is a good. If there are more bugs in EB I don't want them.

PurdueGradMem
I wouldn't say that yet... I have not hear either way.

· Cool Member
22 Posts
Posted this in the 0xe3 sticky:
Take it with a grain of salt if you must.
- C

I spoke with tech support today while having issues activating my replacement hr20. I was told that the rollout is supposed to happen Wed 11/15 Starting at 1:20am for the new software.
She also Confirmed that it was 0xeb without me asking.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.