DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Cool Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Directv today to order an HR34 but they wouldn't give me one unless I ordered an HD receiver and also got Whole Home Service ($3.00 per month). Is this right? All I want is the HR34.

· Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
There is always ebay and solid signal too.

-normal disclaimer; "buying" on SS or Ebay you are still getting a leased receiver not an "owned" one unless expressly stated (and rare)

Doing that would get around CSR stupidity. And as asked, do you have a SWM setup?

· Mentor
225 Posts
HR34 (HMC) can be ordered solo. 2nd receiver is not required. MRV/Whole Home is part of advanced receiver fee for any HD-DVR or HMC ($10/mth includes DVR and MRV if/when needed). CCK (Cinema Connection Kit) is not required, but desireable for Cinema Plus access (via high-speed internet connection) to 7000+ free movies/tv shows. It's also free with HD-DVR or HMC on pending orders for new customers. To modify your order, call 800-531-5000 prior to install (may require reschedule). If tech is already on site, ask him to remove additional receiver with a call to his office or OMG. If necessary, call tel# above to modify/replace order while tech is on site.

· Legend
104 Posts
"B_H" said:
SWM setup is scheduled for tomorrow - Wednesday.

So these requirements the CSR stated aren't necessary if I get the receiver elsewhere?
In order to use an HR34 a SWM install is required, in order to guarantee such an install either a CCK or MRV must be ordered

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.