DBSTalk Forum banner

Can't get several HD packages....

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  scooper 
#1 ·
I haven't been on this forum in quite some time, but came over tonight & happened to read something I wasn't aware of. Am I understanding correctly that to get the fairly new last (8) HD SAT channels, you can no longer do so with the standard (2) dish set-up? For example, one of my dishes gets 110/119 & the other 61.5. I haven't been keeping up with the latest Dish news, but after reading this here tonight, I checked my SAT & couldn't get TruHD, Hallmark HD, E HD, BBC HD,

#2 ·
Yep. DISH now has two arcs. Swing that 61.5 dish over to 129 and you will get the rest of the HD channels (although let us know your market and someone can tell you if you will lose HD locals with that change).

"Split Arc" setups like yours should have been corrected years ago.

#3 ·
The alternative would be to swing the 110/119 dish so it can receive 72.7 . You Could move that Dish 500 so it can get both 61.5 and 72.7, but your signal strength would be a little lower than optimum.

Or, you could have Dish come out and install a new Dish for a single Dish solution for Eastern Arc or Western Arc (depending on where your HD locals are).

Whichever way you move your dishes, Be sure to do a check switch on all receivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.