DBSTalk Forum banner

Can't order AM21N?

10K views 95 replies 34 participants last post by  pogo 
#1 ·
Just called Directv and they won't let me order an AM21N because they offer locals in my area. WHAT?!

#7 ·
Called back twice more and got the same response from both CSRs. They can't order it because they offer my locals in HD. I even tried asking about the sub channels that they don't carry, but apparently those aren't a good enough reason to let me shell out $50 for the AM21N. NOTHING was even mentioned about billing it to the account.
I'll try and order it through the website when I have some money to order it with.

#11 ·
kevinturcotte said:
Called back twice more and got the same response from both CSRs. They can't order it because they offer my locals in HD. I even tried asking about the sub channels that they don't carry, but apparently those aren't a good enough reason to let me shell out $50 for the AM21N. NOTHING was even mentioned about billing it to the account.
I'll try and order it through the website when I have some money to order it with.
I suggest you ask to speak to a supervisor. I have four of them (one on each DVR), all of which I received just for the asking over the past several years.

#12 ·
Sounds like the script needs a serious going over. DIRECTV shouldn't get to choose what TV you can record (although they seem pretty committed to it at this point).

#13 ·
harsh said:
Sounds like the script needs a serious going over. DIRECTV shouldn't get to choose what TV you can record (although they seem pretty committed to it at this point).
Something is seriously wrong somewhere. It looks like a communication problem somewhere. The big advantage (these days), is avoiding rain fade on the HD locals, which can be quite problematic, at least in this part of the midwest, so whether we get HD-LIL or not (without considering the addition of sub-channels not carried by D*), is not relevant.

Very strange. I have two AM21s here, neither is the newer "N" model. One is on an HR21-100 and the other is on an H21-200. Both work well, and both were provided by D* (admittedly, a long time ago).

I can't imagine being refused for sale by D*. How can you refuse to sell, but make it available on their web site? I don't get it.

Like I said, some error has been made. It makes no sense.

#17 ·
hasan said:
I can't imagine being refused for sale by D*. How can you refuse to sell, but make it available on their web site? I don't get it.

Like I said, some error has been made. It makes no sense.
Probably stupid CSRs who haven't been taught correctly about what they are selling and are allowed to sell.

I got 2 AM21s Free when I traded in my HR20s for HR24-500s.

#19 ·
I would think the ONLY time the computer would intervene and not allow the sale is if you don't have any compatible equipment-H20, HR20, or even older receivers. I'm going to try again later. If I STILL can't get anybody to send me one, I will go through retention. I'm NOT looking for a deal or a free one, just looking to actually be able to purchase one lol

#21 ·
EyeRonik1 said:
Again, try Amazon. I'm angling for a heavily discounted HR34 so I didn't want to waste my goodwill on a free AM21N.

By the way, I was talking to a CSR in the equipment department and she claimed there was no such thing as an AM21.
Right now I'm looking to have them ship it out and just bill it to the account. Once I get my check next week, I can actually buy one wherever I want.

#23 ·
Richierich said:
Probably stupid CSRs who haven't been taught correctly about what they are selling and are allowed to sell
CSRs are trained to read scripts. In view of the evidence (the consistency of the answer), it appears that the scripts explicitly say no dice.

#24 ·
harsh said:
CSRs are trained to read scripts. In view of the evidence (the consistency of the answer), it appears that the scripts explicitly say no dice.
Yes, but there was discussion a couple of weeks ago that many many CSRs Ignore Scripts and don't read Info given to them and therefore they make ignorant decisions and I have run into this many many times where I had to instruct the CSR how to proceed and why he/she was wrong.

Clearly, if you have OTA you are Allowed by the FCC to have those OTA Channels and Directv therefore accomodates this request and it has Nothing to do with the fact that you also have HD Local Channels via Directv.

I have left my OTA Antenna up just to get OTA when there is a Bad Rain Storm and my Directv goes out. Very Useful in those situations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.