DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new Directv SD DVR. I don't subscribe to HBO or Cinemax, but there is the free preview this weekend and when try to record movies that are airing on those channels this weekend, I do not have the option to record them. If I'm on the movie in the guide and push the Record button nothing happens, and if I press info, Record is not one of the options.

Is this because I don't currently subscribe to these channels? I don't have this problem on my HD DVR, or the old DirecTivo receiver I used to have.

·
Godfather
382 Posts
In the past when I tried it, it tells me I am not authorized for this channel, but asks if I want to record it anyways. I say yes, it records. I've done this about every time we get a free preview.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,325 Posts
bigwad said:
In the past when I tried it, it tells me I am not authorized for this channel, but asks if I want to record it anyways. I say yes, it records. I've done this about every time we get a free preview.
Same here.
slo_dave said:
After the promo starts you can record... but the recordings expire when the promo does.
Not correct. I've watched movies recorded during free previews months later (including this past weekend). I think if you download content from the provider during the free preview, that expires.

·
Icon
1,569 Posts
slo_dave said:
After the promo starts you can record... but the recordings expire when the promo does.

Does anyone remember if HBO On Demand is available during this time?
I still have movies from a previous promo that my grandson likes to watch when he is visiting. They work fine long after the promo ends. As far as I know, recordings of PPV movies are the only ones that expire.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
johnchart said:
It's probably because effective date isn't until 06/08/12. Try it then.
I've always been able to do it before the free preview begins on my HD DVR receiver and on the DirecTivo receiver I used to have.

As others have said, I would sometimes get the message saying that "the channel is not authorized would you like to record it anyway?"...but I was always able to schedule it anyway. This is the case right now on my HD DVR, but this new SD DVR receiver is just not letting me attempt to record upcomming movies on these channels.

·
Icon
600 Posts
I use to do it from the website. But that has now changed too. It tells me I'm not authorized forthat channel and will not let me record. Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
dnamertz said:
I've always been able to do it before the free preview begins on my HD DVR receiver and on the DirecTivo receiver I used to have.

As others have said, I would sometimes get the message saying that "the channel is not authorized would you like to record it anyway?"...but I was always able to schedule it anyway. This is the case right now on my HD DVR, but this new SD DVR receiver is just not letting me attempt to record upcomming movies on these channels.
Is it allowing you to record HD shows on the SD receiver?
Check that you're on the SD channel or not!

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Laxguy said:
Is it allowing you to record HD shows on the SD receiver?
Check that you're on the SD channel or not!
As Shades said, it only shows me SD channels on the SD receiver. I am able to pre-record on these channels through the website, but not using the receiver itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.