DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I want to setup a record for The Daily Show when it re-runs at 5am (PST) Tues-Fri morning. It's a slot that I know won't interfere with other recordings.

When I hit "record" once, it will indicate that it is going to record that episode. But if I hit record a 2nd time, it just goes away.

What am I missing? Thanks!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
mrshermanoaks said:
OK, I want to setup a record for The Daily Show when it re-runs at 5am (PST) Tues-Fri morning. It's a slot that I know won't interfere with other recordings.

When I hit "record" once, it will indicate that it is going to record that episode. But if I hit record a 2nd time, it just goes away.

What am I missing? Thanks!
Any chance that you already have it setup as a Series Link.
Check your prioritizer to see if it is listed.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
I think I read in the Quick Start Guide yesterday that you can't setup a Series Link to a program you're currently recording, only future recordings from the on-screen programming guide. A second press of the Record button will cancel the current recording without setting up the link.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the ToDo list, and the prioritizer. I found them scattered around (I tried to set up the Colbert Report at 5:30am as well). The Colbert Report is now going to record at 11:30am today, 5:30pm and 8:30pm tonight. And then there's an icon in the Episodes list that I can't figure out - it looks like the 4-way directional buttons with a star to the right.

This is feeling very frustrating at the moment. I looked at a manual recording, but I want Tues-Fri instead of the Mon-Fri option.

·
Godfather
356 Posts
The icon you describe (red circle with an x in it) means there is a conflict and it will not record.

Check the conflict(s) and change your priority as needed.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
grrrrr. the whole point is that I don't want it to record during those times in the first place. I understand that I can use the prioritizer to give it lower priority so that other things record. But I'm afraid that when I add new recordings they'll end up with a lower priority and I'll have to constantly be adjusting. And I don't see a need to record four showings of the same The Daily Show a day.

I know, I'm grumpy about this because I'm a ReplayTV user and Replay lets me do this easily. It just makes me nervous when I don't have the control that I've grown accustomed to.

·
AllStar
59 Posts
mrshermanoaks said:
grrrrr. the whole point is that I don't want it to record during those times in the first place. I understand that I can use the prioritizer to give it lower priority so that other things record. But I'm afraid that when I add new recordings they'll end up with a lower priority and I'll have to constantly be adjusting. And I don't see a need to record four showings of the same The Daily Show a day.

I know, I'm grumpy about this because I'm a ReplayTV user and Replay lets me do this easily. It just makes me nervous when I don't have the control that I've grown accustomed to.
Maybe scheduling a manual recording would work better for you. Sure you might get some duplicate recordings but they only take a second to erase. Not too much of an issue unless you're low on disk space.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's probably what I'll do using a M-F recording. The only drawback to that is that I don't want it to record on Monday... But I can live with that more than the uncontrolled recordings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.