DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
UNIX
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody out there has to know how to setup Series Links to schedule recordings of Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football.

I can do them manually, one show at a time, that's all. I'd prefer not to have to try to remember on a weekly basis to help the HR20 limp through what should be it's primary function.

The problems:
1. These shows are titled with the Team Names for that week. When you try to record them, the Series Link tab never shows up. I can record them singularly, but not in a recurring way.

2. Trying to set up recurring recordings of these two games by using the Title Search or Channel Search or Keyword Search does not work at all.

3. Trying to set up a recurring 'Manual' recording fails. It seems the manual scheduler is totally broken. I can go through the 'Manual' dialog and set up the fields for

-recurring as opposed to one time
-channel to record on
-start time
-record duration

For me, as an example, that would setup ESPH to record on every Monday night, starting at 5:30 pm and recording for four hours (in case of long or overtime games).

My manual entry looks fine when it shows up in the Prioritizer, but it always just sits there and indicates no shows found. And while my manual entry process ends up telling me an entry will be put in the 'ToDo' list, no entry is ever poked into the 'ToDo' list. Even days later, there is still no entry in the 'ToDo' list.

Is there any way to work around what seems to be this string of faults in the HR20??

I can't be the ONLY one with this probelm. Can I?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I don't think there is a way..
As Monday Footbal is not classified as a Series... they are individual programs.

·
Legend
231 Posts
I haven't set the manual recording up yet on my HR20 but it worked fine on NBC's Sunday night football on the DTivo I have downstairs. I'll give it a shot on my box tonight and will report back :)

·
Legend
191 Posts
I'll verify when I get home, but just set up a manual (per your number 3), recurring (every MON) recording for channel 73, for the time period appropriate for your time zone.
I have set up manual recordings for MON-FRI from 5:55 am, channel 389 for 10 minutes and it seems to be fine. (Just to make sure my tuner is on that channel when I get up.) IT has been working well since I set it.

·
Legend
231 Posts
Rugged said:
I haven't set the manual recording up yet on my HR20 but it worked fine on NBC's Sunday night football on the DTivo I have downstairs. I'll give it a shot on my box tonight and will report back :)
seemed to work fine for me last night on ESPH

·
Legend
231 Posts
wmschultz said:
I think he is trying to do the Series, not just a manual programming of 1 game.
I set up a manually recurring recording for that time slot and it recorded fine and playback seemed fine too. I assume that's what the OP was trying to do.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
I used manual recording to record 1/2 hour of Headline News everyday at 5am, but then after doing that, re-ran the sat-ant setup. Afterwards, it didn't record them anymore, but it did show them in the to-do list. So, I manually deleted them all and tried to reschedule another manual recording for the same time, and this failed in the same way. So then I put in another manual recording for 5:30am instead of 5am and now it's recording them again fine. All those deleted shows are now in the History list, and I suspect it won't record the new ones that I schedule because there are old deleted ones in the History overriding it. Just an FYI on that in case you've deleted your manual of MNF and tried to reschedule it: you might want to be there to be sure it starts recording... Or set it to start a little later...

·
Banned
63 Posts
thatkgbagent said:
I used manual recording to record 1/2 hour of Headline News everyday at 5am, but then after doing that, re-ran the sat-ant setup. Afterwards, it didn't record them anymore, but it did show them in the to-do list. So, I manually deleted them all and tried to reschedule another manual recording for the same time, and this failed in the same way. So then I put in another manual recording for 5:30am instead of 5am and now it's recording them again fine. All those deleted shows are now in the History list, and I suspect it won't record the new ones that I schedule because there are old deleted ones in the History overriding it. Just an FYI on that in case you've deleted your manual of MNF and tried to reschedule it: you might want to be there to be sure it starts recording... Or set it to start a little later...
I've had no success getting manual recordings to work for me. There is something my wife wants recorded from 9 AM - 9:30 AM Monday - Friday (it repeats at 1 PM each day so that's why I don't want to use Series Link as it would record the repeats too). Anyway, it hardly ever records it - and it hardly ever shows up in the ToDo list. Then, one time each day it showed up in the ToDo list 3 times!! I didn't want to know what would happen if it actually tried recording the same show 3 times at the same time so I deleted it. Since then, I haven't been able to get it to record it manually at all. I think there's a lot of bugs with manual recording that need to be worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.