Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I know that I can add a 2nd DPP44 to my equation; however, when I attach the 2nd switch, is it necessary to use the power inserter on the 2nd switch if I already have it hooked up on the 1st one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

David

·
Legend
167 Posts
Jason Nipp said:
Yes, it is recommended to use the power inserter.
will it work without a power inserter is a newer box is connected on the #1 port?

I know that my dp44 works with the power inserter with the 622 or the 510 connected on port one.

so if you put a 622 on port 1 of the first d44 and a 510 on port 1 of the cascaded Dp44 will this work too?

·
Super Moderator
10,082 Posts
Cokeswigga said:
will it work without a power inserter is a newer box is connected on the #1 port?

I know that my dp44 works with the power inserter with the 622 or the 510 connected on port one.

so if you put a 622 on port 1 of the first d44 and a 510 on port 1 of the cascaded Dp44 will this work too?
I have had a set of DPP44's connected for awhile, and the last time I pulled either one of the inserters out the switch did not function. There are some people that have ran the switch off of receiver power, but it is not recommended to do so.

·
Legend
167 Posts
Jason Nipp said:
I have had a set of DPP44's connected for awhile, and the last time I pulled either one of the inserters out the switch did not function. There are some people that have ran the switch off of receiver power, but it is not recommended to do so.
I've been running off the receiver power for almost a year..

out of curiosity ... why is not recommended?

what are the downsides?

·
Legend
238 Posts
Please people, is it not enough that Dish makes clear that the power inserter is required for proper operation. This topic has been covered, and Jim 5506's last response is closest to the reason why the power inserter is required. Try a search for more details. This matter should be asked at the next Tech Forum, and we can finally get a clear answer with a clear reason right from Mark Jackson himself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.