DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From TV By The Numbers:

CBS's Primetime Shows Will Be Listed to Start 30 Minutes Later Than Usual on NFL Doubleheader Dates
In an effort to further assist CBS's Sunday night viewers in navigating primetime series time changes due to NFL overruns, CBS will list the scheduled start times for its Sunday night series 30 minutes later in Eastern and Central Time zones on doubleheader weekends. The Network also unveiled a multi-platform upgrade to the CBS Eye-lert system, which informs viewers of any further adjusted start times.
FULL ARTICLE HERE

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Little bit concerned about the language in the release. Why does it say the will be "listed" to begin 30 minutes later instead of just saying they will begin 30 minutes later. And a new system to inform viewers of further adjusted start times seems like they will start them when they please.

Can anyone here seeing CBS backing primetime back up to 7:00 if a game ends early?

I know for the first weekend I will set the programs to begin 30 minutes early and end an hour late.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Herdfan said:
Little bit concerned about the language in the release. Why does it say the will be "listed" to begin 30 minutes later instead of just saying they will begin 30 minutes later. And a new system to inform viewers of further adjusted start times seems like they will start them when they please.

Can anyone here seeing CBS backing primetime back up to 7:00 if a game ends early?

I know for the first weekend I will set the programs to begin 30 minutes early and end an hour late.
I think CBS is just stating that the "official" start time will reflect the actual start time, which will probably be later than 7:30 ET on most DH nights anyway.

I can't imagine the evening programs starting earlier than the announced time.

I'm more intrigued by the expansion of prime time to 11:30, on a regular basis (8 times in 16 weeks). Will CBS decide to program the 11-11:30 half hour on the other weeks? (Perhaps a "very special" 90-minute episode of The Mentalist or The Good Wife.) CBS has more leeway to juggle the schedule, because of the strenght of its prime-time lineup.

·
Icon
597 Posts
Herdfan said:

Most late NFL games will have a 4:25 PM kick off this year versus 4 or 4:15 in the past.

·
Registered
23,065 Posts
My HR34 GUIDE is still showing the CBS 9/16 evening shows all starting on the hour. Since that's a double-header Sunday, I assume a data update will be coming through in the next couple of days, so the recordings start 30 minutes later.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Until there is an embedded signal that tells a recorder when a program starts and ends, it is always going to be a little of a hit or miss.

·
Registered
23,065 Posts
Steve said:
My HR34 GUIDE is still showing the CBS 9/16 evening shows all starting on the hour. Since that's a double-header Sunday, I assume a data update will be coming through in the next couple of days, so the recordings start 30 minutes later.
Looks like the GUIDE data updated overnight. :up:

·
2 Posts
With a game start at 4:25 PM, they will end at 7:40-7:50 PM which means the Mentalist should start at just before 11:00 PM. Nice way to kill a good show CBS. Just for info the Fox Double Header ended last week at 7:58.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.