DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if CSI was broadcast in fullscreen tonight? The rest of the locals were all wide screen but when I flipped over to CSI the side blocks popped up. The actual picture didn't look that great either...compared to the other HD stations. The show after CSI was the same way. I just want to make sure it's not an HDMI issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
Trav said:
Can anyone tell me if CSI was broadcast in fullscreen tonight? The rest of the locals were all wide screen but when I flipped over to CSI the side blocks popped up. The actual picture didn't look that great either...compared to the other HD stations. The show after CSI was the same way. I just want to make sure it's not an HDMI issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
It probably was a local feed problem, CSI and Shark were 16x9 here.

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DVDKingdom said:
It probably was a local feed problem, CSI and Shark were 16x9 here.
Maybe.

It seems my local CBS station is not that great right now.

I guess even with an OTA antenna, the same problem could occur, right?

Thanks.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Trav said:
Maybe.

It seems my local CBS station is not that great right now.

I guess even with an OTA antenna, the same problem could occur, right?

Thanks.
Yep... in a lot of cases... DirecTV's HD feed from the affiliate, is OTA as well.

·
Legend
183 Posts
What about Scrubs? It always lists as HD/DD. I get DD but I get Letterbox - all three episodes so far have been that way... no full wide screen...

·
Godfather
420 Posts
If you get the Charlotte, NC locals, it's an affiliate problem. On WBTV's website they say HD broadcast is not working and should be fixed by Saturday. My OTA was not HD either. I have never seen Scrubs in widescreen either.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,339 Posts
In my limited local experience, it's possible for Local broadcasters to be incompetent, cheapskates, lazy and backwards. Back to the beginning of my HD switchover, only one local [PBS] has worked at quality transmission and service.

A couple of the channels have good folks on board; but, they ain't in charge. We still have to call the local CBS affiliate, once in a while, to remind them to "throw the switch" on a network HD feed.

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wakajawaka said:
If you get the Charlotte, NC locals, it's an affiliate problem. On WBTV's website they say HD broadcast is not working and should be fixed by Saturday. My OTA was not HD either. I have never seen Scrubs in widescreen either.
Thanks for the information. Where is that located on their website...all I see is news stuff. We are talking wbtv.com right?

Also, I am debating putting up an OTA antenna but not sure yet. How are the Charlotte locals via OTA compared to DTV?

Thanks.

·
Legend
183 Posts
I also have an HR10 with OTA. They seem to do pretty well if the antenna is right. I've found the MPEG locals are more reliable than OTA... but the OTA's have been much better since the 6.3b update... It's about a wash right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.