DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am hearing the reason CBS58 out of Milwaukee is not being broadcast on DTV in HD is because they do not think the channel is popular enough to fork out the $$$ that CBS58 is asking for.

We all have to step up and hound DTV to add CBS58 or we will be screwed when the playoffs begin.

We do not have OTA on the HR20 so we will have to try and get DTV to add them to the HD lineup or our playoffs and the Super Bowl will not be in HD.

I have already lit a fire under there a$$'s but we need to keep pounding them.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Blitz68 said:
Well, I am hearing the reason CBS58 out of Milwaukee is not being broadcast on DTV in HD is because they do not think the channel is popular enough to fork out the $$$ that CBS58 is asking for.

We all have to step up and hound DTV to add CBS58 or we will be screwed when the playoffs begin.

We do not have OTA on the HR20 so we will have to try and get DTV to add them to the HD lineup or our playoffs and the Super Bowl will not be in HD.

I have already lit a fire under there a$$'s but we need to keep pounding them.
Who do we need to write/call/harass to get this done? This has gone on too long and we need to CBS HD on sat NOW!

Thanks
Tom G.
Milwaukee

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call DTV and *****. I spoke with CBS58 already this morning and it seems DTV has not contacted them even though they say they are working on it.

From what I am being told from a VERY reliable source. DTV does not think anybody cares enough to have CBS58 broadcast in HD so they do not think it is worth the $$$ it would take.

Call DTV Retentions and ***** like crazy.

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Well I emailed DirecTV about this and here is the response they still echo the OTA date. This is very disheartening about CBS!

Thanks for letting us know your concerns about getting CBS in HD, and the off-air option for HR20. I'm sorry for the inconvenience these issues may have caused you. As you are aware, we have no plans to offer CBS in HD in your area, but we hope to at some point in the future. In recent months, we have launched the first two of four satellites that will allow us to greatly expand our HD local channel offerings.

The two new satellites have allowed us to begin offering HD local channels in several cities, with many more to come later this year. Because our satellite capacity is still limited, we intend to focus on getting HD feeds of ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC up in as many cities as possible. Next year, when the other two satellites become available, we will be able to begin providing even more channels (including CW, where available) in existing HD local markets, as well as adding new HD markets and more national HD programming.

Though currently we are not able to offer CBS in HD in most markets, we continue to evaluate our available capacity and discuss the addition of HD channels with our program providers.

Moreover, the software download for off-air antenna support for HR20 has been moved to early 2007. We began field testing in November. When testing is completed in early 2007, we will download the functionality to your receiver. We originally expected this to be earlier. We apologize for the delay.

If you have other questions or inquiries, please feel free to write us back or call us at 1-800-531-5000. Our call center is staffed with knowledgeable Customer Service Representatives who are ready to help.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Tin
Employee ID 100173847
DIRECTV Customer Service

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We all have to ban together and keep hounding them. They are not taking any steps to resolve the issue.

CBS58 is willing to work with them but DTV is not making an effort. Keep calling DTV and bugging them and hopefully if enough people do it they might do something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.