DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
wcwman18 said:
To expensive for me when I only would watch a few games.
You an always submit a waiver to them for it. Worst they can do is deny it. Do you get a local CBS already?

· Icon
934 Posts
If you get locals, you're not going to get a waiver. In fact, DirecTV pretty much stopped processing waivers 6 or more month ago. Furthermore, those who DID have waivers, like me, lost the distant HD networks last month.

· Legend
204 Posts
sbl said:
If you get locals, you're not going to get a waiver. In fact, DirecTV pretty much stopped processing waivers 6 or more month ago. Furthermore, those who DID have waivers, like me, lost the distant HD networks last month.
I asked for waivers three weeks ago( I have locals) and they gave me the waivers.

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
sbl said:
Thats funny. I just got a waiver approved a few days ago. I am waiting for 3 more to be approved. You can submitt them yourself from the website if you want. No I dont currently get locals from D* but it dont matter anyone can request for a waiver. Just doubtful one would be approved if you get locals. That being said I am supposedly in a grade A area for locals and I got one approved.

· Legend
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
joshjr said:
Thats funny. I just got a waiver approved a few days ago. I am waiting for 3 more to be approved. You can submitt them yourself from the website if you want. No I dont currently get locals from D* but it dont matter anyone can request for a waiver. Just doubtful one would be approved if you get locals. That being said I am supposedly in a grade A area for locals and I got one approved.
Where can I request from their website?

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts

· Registered
24,401 Posts
sbl said:
Not accurate... They have not stopped processing waviers... They have stopped offering blanket waviers in O & O, and areas where they have turned on LIL channels. Doesn't mean that if your station signs the wavier you can't get it, but its now more up to you and your station, not Directv...

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
This station is on right now here for me. Channel 80 is on for now anyways.

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
arxaw said:
joshjr, Try channel 390. It's MPEG4 and the picture quality should be better. And if you have a DVR, recording shows on MPEG4 ch 390 will take up a lot less space on the hard drive than MPEG2 ch 80.
390 is not on. I was not watching anything on 80. I just thought others might want to know. I am sure there is someone out there that wants to watch CBS tonight. I myself am watching the Cowboys game.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.