Over Christmas I upgraded my Directv analog box to HD after buying a new television. The tech took my old receiver and old directv sat dish down and put up a new sat dish. They installed a SWiM and an HR-24 500. The coax comes from my wall into the SWiM, from the SWiM into the wireless CCK, then the coax goes from the CCK into the coax 1 in on the rear of the HR-24. The tech also installed an ethernet cable from the back of the HR-24 to the CCK.
I also added NOMAD to my setup and eventually moved my router modem downstairs to my television area but left the Directv equipment set up as it already was. Everything worked fine until yesterday when NOMAD suddenly could not "see" my DVR. A quick call to Directv and I found they had just put out a software push that resulted in a hardware conflict being seen.
Long story short, they had me disconnect the ethernet cable completely. The techs were originally told to use it but I guess that was not correct. They told me yesterday that all the information required was passed through on the coax line and with the new software, the ethernet cable was screwing up the CCK. Everything works fine again. Other than this one tweak, my wireless CCK has worked great for the 5 months I have had it.