DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not finding the game listed in my Guide for this evening. Is it in yours for 7 p.m. or so for Channel 95? I'm showing "Upcoming Mission Impossible III". The game is listed on Ch 212 for SD, just fine.

TIA

· Legend
200 Posts
hasan said:
I'm not finding the game listed in my Guide for this evening. Is it in yours for 7 p.m. or so for Channel 95? I'm showing "Upcoming Mission Impossible III". The game is listed on Ch 212 for SD, just fine.

TIA
Looked good to me earlier today when I set it to record. Seems to come and go throughout the day.
Hmm shows on mine right now. Two hours before game time.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deebeeeff said:
Looked good to me earlier today when I set it to record. Seems to come and go throughout the day.
Hmm shows on mine right now. Two hours before game time.
Good deal! I don't need to record it, so if it doesn't show in my Guide in time, no biggie. (I reloaded the Guide earlier in the day when I was doing some OTA testing, so that's why my Guide is a bit behind)

Thanks for the info!

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mikeliedke said:
It was on mine, but then had to RBR, now it's gone.
It's on now in HD, and my Guide still doesn't show it:)

No biggie...at least I can watch the game (if you can call it that)

· Legend
200 Posts
Funny thing. I said I had it set to record, but it didn't record. Err, it didn't start on its own I should say. Very odd. No conflicts. Maybe it went off the guide and then back on after I set it to record.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
deebeeeff said:
Funny thing. I said I had it set to record, but it didn't record. Err, it didn't start on its own I should say. Very odd. No conflicts. Maybe it went off the guide and then back on after I set it to record.
Yep, I've seen that happen on Ch 95 before...nowhere else, just 95

· AllStar
89 Posts
hasan said:
It's on now in HD, and my Guide still doesn't show it:)

No biggie...at least I can watch the game (if you can call it that)
I am watching the game right now. It says "Upcomming - Lakers @ Nets"

Gumble is horrible by the way. Absolutely horrible. He knows nothing about the game of football.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
I'm watching the game on 95 in HD, and it shows correctly in the Guide.

And Spazzman, you're right about Gumble...if there's a worse football commentator on Earth, I haven't seen him (or her!) :nono:

· Godfather
309 Posts
I noticed that at around 7:30 the guide had "upcoming: Chiefs at Raiders". I turned it on at 8:00 and the game was on, though. I'm concerned about this weekend's game (the Chiefs/Raiders game). I'm going to be out of town, at the in-laws in a non-NFL Network home and want to record the game here in HD. But it sounds like if the guide info keeps changing it may delete (or not record at all) my recording. Is a manual recording on channel 95 my safest option?

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
wakajawaka said:
FWIW It's not in my guide on my HDTivo unit either but I am able to watch it.
Same here. It was in the guide for awhile, then disappeared in the afternoon. I knew that the game was on, so manually tuned to 95 and it was there (though program info still noted the "upcoming" Lakers-Nets game).

Typically screwed up channel 95 listings...although usually it corrects itself before the game appears.

As I've said before, I like having the various HD games on that channel, but I really don't understand why guide data can't be handled correctly for it.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spazzman said:
I am watching the game right now. It says "Upcomming - Lakers @ Nets"

Gumble is horrible by the way. Absolutely horrible. He knows nothing about the game of football.
Mine too...and ditto ...he can't follow the action, he doesn't describe what's going on. He is inaccurate and his voice is close to chalk on a blackboard. If it weren't for Collingsworth, I'd turn the sound down.

9 Posts
dan8379 said:
I noticed that at around 7:30 the guide had "upcoming: Chiefs at Raiders". I turned it on at 8:00 and the game was on, though. I'm concerned about this weekend's game (the Chiefs/Raiders game). I'm going to be out of town, at the in-laws in a non-NFL Network home and want to record the game here in HD. But it sounds like if the guide info keeps changing it may delete (or not record at all) my recording. Is a manual recording on channel 95 my safest option?
I would say the machine really can't do recordings in advance for 95/96... I tried to do a manual record for this past Monday night's NJNets/Golden State Warriors game, anticipating guide problems. But when I came home, the there was no recording. I tuned in and caught the last quarter in HD while on hold with D* (they told me to reset the DVR and everything should be fine... yeah right).

Similar thing with the Dallas/Atlanta NFL game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.