DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i get all the distant locals in hd except for cbs. I am in a grade b area for wtrf cbs wheeling wv. Directv is submitting a waiver request for me for cbs. Does anyone know the chances the station wtrf cbs in wheeling wv will grant me this request? I'm just curious as to the success of these waivers. I am not real optimistic i will be granted the waiver but i am hopeful, because not having cbs, especially for the sports, well just doesn't seem right. I am in a valley and can't get the cbs signal with an off air antenna. Thanks.

· Legend
113 Posts
gib4500 said:
Right now i get all the distant locals in hd except for cbs. I am in a grade b area for wtrf cbs wheeling wv. Directv is submitting a waiver request for me for cbs. Does anyone know the chances the station wtrf cbs in wheeling wv will grant me this request? I'm just curious as to the success of these waivers. I am not real optimistic i will be granted the waiver but i am hopeful, because not having cbs, especially for the sports, well just doesn't seem right. I am in a valley and can't get the cbs signal with an off air antenna. Thanks.
probably 0 unless you arrange for a signal survey. If you can't get it, the station pays, if you can you pay as it was explained to me

· Registered
31,115 Posts
Waste of time....as the National feeds will be gone for 88% of the country by year end...as the HD LILS are rolled out further and hit that same % of the marketplace.

Unless you're in that 12% unserved, you have virtually no chance. If you are, expect a 90 day process to get someone out to the house and check signals, and then all the paperwork.

· Godfather
489 Posts
gib4500 said:
I wouldn't hold your breath. It took me almost 2 years to get CBS SD DNS. WTRF is totally against working with anybody.

What range antenna did you try?

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the only antenna i tried was an indoor antenna. I really should try a good antenna first i suppose. I just took the word from other people in my town that channel 7 was not watchable via antenna. I live about 40-45 miles south of wheeling in the valley. If i were to try a good outdoor antenna what would be a good one to try? Thanks.

· Godfather
489 Posts
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14336373#post14336373

look at page 6 it shows maps of the valley although you are South of me.

New Martinsville?

I also tried indoor and had no luck and AVS forum suggested that I would have very little luck with an outdoor antenna.

I have continued to ask around and spoke to a few people who have outdoor antenna's (one was 100 at radio shack it was 190 mile range) and reported having success.

I plan to try one of these soon but keep putting it off.

· AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool thanks for the link. Yea i am located just south of new martinsville in sardis ohio. The trouble for me in picking up wtrf is that there is big hill right behind my house. There is only 1 house between the hill and my place. The funny thing is with that indoor antena i had i could get wtap nbc from parkersburg but nothing else. That was when i just had an analog tv though.

Also i am one of the few people that only has a hdtv monitor. I purchased this a year and a half ago. Basically it's a 37 inch hdtv without a tuner in it. So i would probably have to get the add on tuner for my h-21-pro dvr reciever.

That site says i should be able to pick up about 9 channels. 2 nbc, 2 cbc and a fox and some others. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.