DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had direct tv for over 15 years. Just got last bill and it’s up to 172 a month. I know they raised fees again. I have the choice xtra classic package. I find it hard to compare all the channels for all the packages. Says I get over 123 channels. I see other packages that are cheaper per month that get more channels like the choice standard and entertainment standard. I need a package that gets all my local channels. Most sports ones like yes, msg, ESPN channels, nhl and nfl network. The college sports channels. Etc. I don’t need the hbo movie channels. Need tnt, tbs, USA and stuff. Also like axs tv at times. Where can I find a channel comparison or I’d someone on this forum has one of these packages. Just can’t keep paying that much a month.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,461 Posts
I'd print the current channel lineup PDF and use a highlighter pen to indicate all of the channels that you're currently getting. In that way you won't miss anything.

Getting lists of retired channel packages that matches up with a current list isn't trivial.

·
Legend
628 Posts
I had spoken to DTV retention department and was saying that I wanted to know how much I could save? The reason for the call was that I had signed up for Discovery plus. I was able to get the ad version for $2.99 a month. This is for any qualified veteran. Because I had mention this to DTV they had reduced my bill for the next 12 months of $60.00. I still have my current package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had direct tv for over 15 years. Just got last bill and it’s up to 172 a month. I know they raised fees again. I have the choice xtra classic package. I find it hard to compare all the channels for all the packages. Says I get over 123 channels. I see other packages that are cheaper per month that get more channels like the choice standard and entertainment standard. I need a package that gets all my local channels. Most sports ones like yes, msg, ESPN channels, nhl and nfl network. The college sports channels. Etc. I don’t need the hbo movie channels. Need tnt, tbs, USA and stuff. Also like axs tv at times. Where can I find a channel comparison or I’d someone on this forum has one of these packages. Just can’t keep paying that much a month.
Call during the week about 12 noon so can get a customer rep in the USA and ask for a LOYALTY DISCOUNT...
I called 2 different times in about 3 weeks time and got $40 discount for 12 months hen one for $25 for 12 months...the number i called was 877-999-1083....week days around noon or afterwards...if you get the Phillipines or India, tell them you want to talk to someone in the USA...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts