DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm sure that you experts have posted this somewhere, but I hoped someone could give me the easy answer without me spending all day searching.

Here's my issue:

I have a wishlist set to autorecord my favorite team's games whenever it finds them. After I set it up, I wanted to change the option to stop recording one hour after the normal scheduled stop time. Sounds simple, right?

Well, I tried going to the prioritizer to find this wishlist. Once I found it, I hit the "autorecord" option, to see all the options. I changed the stop time to what I wanted, and hit the change all.

However, none of the recordings change. Not the ones already scheduled, and not the new ones that get scheduled after I made the change.

Do I have to erase this and start over? (I already tried that once, but it didn't change.)

HELP! (and thanks.)

Merry Christmas!

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
marsmadness said:
OK, I'm sure that you experts have posted this somewhere, but I hoped someone could give me the easy answer without me spending all day searching.

Here's my issue:

I have a wishlist set to autorecord my favorite team's games whenever it finds them. After I set it up, I wanted to change the option to stop recording one hour after the normal scheduled stop time. Sounds simple, right?

Well, I tried going to the prioritizer to find this wishlist. Once I found it, I hit the "autorecord" option, to see all the options. I changed the stop time to what I wanted, and hit the change all.

However, none of the recordings change. Not the ones already scheduled, and not the new ones that get scheduled after I made the change.

Do I have to erase this and start over? (I already tried that once, but it didn't change.)

HELP! (and thanks.)

Merry Christmas!
anyone?

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
Since I've never tried autorecords, I am afraid all I can suggest is to have a Merry Christmas.

Tom

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this really such a unique question that no one else out there has tried to do this?

What I am trying to do is set up my receiver to record games of my favorite team anytime they play. In case of a longer than normal game, or one that goes in to overtime, I want to always add an hour to the normally scheduled time.

This was simple to set up with Tivo, but not so much with this box. I did try what looks like the obvious way, but the add never takes.

Just got off an excruciating 45 minute call with D*, which basically ended with "We don't know how to do it, but if we ever find out, you can call US back, and we will tell you then...but we don't know if and when that will be." :nono2:

I'm SURE that there are other sports fans out there that have figured this out.

PLEASE can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I guess that there are absolutely no sports fans that post on this forum.

No one must ever record a live show that sometimes runs longer than scheduled.

What I am trying to do is something that is so simple on Tivo, yet I guess never even thought of by users of this box.

Earl....surely you can at least confirm that the HR20 box can NOT perform this simple function.

Someone?

·
Legend
245 Posts
I have this type of search set up for San Antonio Spurs games, as well as for Tennis. I've found that I can't auto record over time on any of these. I've just resolved to manually set the timer on all the Spurs games. I don't have the time to bother with all of the tennis, especially when there's a major (like the upcoming Australian open). I'll manually do this as it gets closer to the finals of major tournaments. I feel your pain...

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
maybe if you change the default record settings and then recreate the autorecord? just a guess.. but also watch out for the padding problem (tends to be short)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.