DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Godfather
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new customer during the promo period, can you change your packages, up or down, and still get the promo price for that package?

Is there a fee for downgrading packages?

I'd like to get one package now but change it later in the year and then I may downgrade that package early next year.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
As long as you maintain the min. package that was necessary to qualify for the promo period discounts, you can change. If you actually had a promo for a specific package I don't believe you can change from that package and retain the discount, say switching back in 6 months and expecting the same package discount to apply.

·
2 Posts
CCarncross said:
As long as you maintain the min. package that was necessary to qualify for the promo period discounts, you can change. If you actually had a promo for a specific package I don't believe you can change from that package and retain the discount, say switching back in 6 months and expecting the same package discount to apply.
I've been with DTV about five weeks. I was told that I can change packages and will still get the rebates and discounts as long as the package I change to had them at the time I signed up.

·
9 Posts
Premium services have to be kept for at least 30 days or there is a $10 cancellation fee (HBO, STARZ, MAX, SHO, Sports pack) but there is never a charge to change your "base" package (choice, choice extra, entertainment, etc) unless you have premier which has the premiums and follows the 30 day rule above.

As for the rebates, you can always upgrade your package with no worries, but if you are downgrading, you have to maintain at least the minimum package required by your rebates or discounts to keep receiving those credits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.