DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Icon
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas everyone!

I have encounterd a problem since last night with the high def DVR. When I use the up arrow button to change resolution the box becomes unresponsive for about five minutes. The resolution may or may not change and the modes start to act strangly. One time the resoluton display in the bottom right of the screen was scrolling through all of the modes rapidly. Another time the front panel format lights all went out, so I had no idea where I was at. Another time the front panel 1080i light was on and the current setting menu indicated 480p. In between each of these scenarios I restarted the box. First time I pulled the power, then through the menu, then pulled the power again. I restarted it a fourth time and it came up at 480i, so for now I am leaving it alone. The box also gets slow if the ratio button is used. I called cs and they gave the standard answer they always give for DVR problems, "re-format the hard drive." It records, plays back, and changes channels fine. My inclination is more of a hardware problem than a courupted hard drive. Anyone have any thoughts before I re-format the hard drive and loose all of my recordings?

Thanks in advance.

Note: also posted at tivocommunity

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.