DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and did not find anything about this. When I go to channel 100 "Watch Pay Per View Previews Here" I get a blank screen with the following message:

Your TV does not support this program's content protection, Replacing the TV's HDMI cable with component cables (red, green, blue connectors) will allow you to view the program.

Anyone else see this? I have a HR20-100 using HDMI to a Sony LCD Projection TV.

edit: Same for channel 200

· Icon
568 Posts
issue with DRM and hdmi. Next time I'm at work I'll see if i can get more specifics on it, unless someone else beats me to it. I think hdmi.org has something about it, but yeah, the quick fix is to use a YPrPb cable for now.

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
It apparently has something to do with HDCP- High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. Perhaps it's a test channel to confirm your TV is HDCP compliant?

· Icon
568 Posts
Thank you!! that's what I was thinking about. But when that comes up i think it means it isn't HDCP compliant. (there are a few, a very, very rare few times i wish i could access DORIS from home)

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
xIsamuTM said:
Thank you!! that's what I was thinking about. But when that comes up i think it means it isn't HDCP compliant. (there are a few, a very, very rare few times i wish i could access DORIS from home)
I believe so. Wouldn't that be the reason to switch to component?

· Registered
24,395 Posts
Newshawk said:
It apparently has something to do with HDCP- High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. Perhaps it's a test channel to confirm your TV is HDCP compliant?
That is exactly what it is... They have been using that channel to test that for a while now....

If you want it in writing.. check out this thread... and You can post your issue too if you like...

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=130923&highlight=HDCP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.