DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me why my HR20 repeatedly cancels schedulaed recordings of [email protected] Live in Italy on channel 101? Is this a common thing among everyone? Is there some info I don't know? Anyone with insight, I appreciate it.

·
Legend
150 Posts
gusbuf said:
Can someone tell me why my HR20 repeatedly cancels schedulaed recordings of [email protected] Live in Italy on channel 101? Is this a common thing among everyone? Is there some info I don't know? Anyone with insight, I appreciate it.
I have tried to record "The Fray" twice and it did not record.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
nocaster said:
I have tried to record "The Fray" twice and it did not record.
I got that one, (The Fray) but I had only scheduled it a few hours before it aired. Overnight, the HR20 tende to forget scheduled recordings. It is kinda' like a VCR with Alzheimers.

Seriously, what seems to happen, as best as we can tell because D* denies that this bug actually exists, the channel goes dead in the guide momentarily, and the ToDo list drops any scheduled recordings for that channel. Then when the channel returns, the HR20 neglects to re-schedule the recording. Your best bet is to babysit the ToDo list, checking it at least twice a day. That way, you will miss fewer recordings.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Hopefully this won't open a can of worms, but have you tried doing a manual recording with 101 as the channel and setting a time window for when it will be on next?

gusbuf said:

·
Legend
150 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
Hopefully this won't open a can of worms, but have you tried doing a manual recording with 101 as the channel and setting a time window for when it will be on next?
I have not done that. I have sceduled several showings through the guide on 101 in the past and they have allways worked. Both times I tried to record The Fray this week it was an HD showing and it was in the middle of the night. I noticed a thread about U2 yesterday as well as this one today.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
OK. This of course should not be considered a fix by any stretch - more like a possible temporary workaround so you have at least another shot at recording what you want. ;)

nocaster said:
I have not done that. I have sceduled several showings through the guide on 101 in the past and they have allways worked. Both times I tried to record The Fray this week it was an HD showing and it was in the middle of the night. I noticed a thread about U2 yesterday as well as this one today.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Another user is reporting the latest update fixed the manual recording probs he was having, so it may not be "another can of worms" afterall. You might try it if you have the latest software - 108.

nocaster said:

·
AllStar
77 Posts
I had the same problem. Three times I tried to get it to record the U2 concert, and each time they were cancelled. Each show was in HD and was on in the early AM hours.

·
Legend
209 Posts
Happened to me earlier in the week when I tried to record The Fray in HD. Had set it a few days in advance then randomly checked the To Do List on Sun eve and it was gone. I set it again and this time it recorded, although it was the wackiest record I've ever seen. The first 2 minutes were divided into 8 separate recordings, each being very short. Then after 2 min in through the end it went fine.

·
Legend
203 Posts
bubbadawg said:
I had the same problem. Three times I tried to get it to record the U2 concert, and each time they were cancelled. Each show was in HD and was on in the early AM hours.
This happens because the HR20 tries to switch to the HD "event" just as or right before DTV switches the programming to the HD feed. I've gotten similar "conflicts" with past HD programming on channel 101. It's as if 101 is really two different channel feeds (HD and non-HD). I have suggested that DTV should "activate" the HD feed before the scheduled start-time (or not use 101 for HD feeds and have a separate channel for HD that is "active" at the start time of scheduled HD programming). That, or we as viewers need to set out recordings to start 1 minute later than the actual start time (if you could live with missing the first minute of the show).

I had to reset my receiver when it got locked up on that channel as I was trying to do a manual record. What I tried to do was channel up and down just as DTV switched on the HD feed and then my HR20 locked up.

·
Godfather
338 Posts
Hm, I thought I had a different issue (I posted this in another thread...) - I had an SD copy of U2 and The Fray, and was trying to record an HD version, but those recordings never "stuck" in my To Do list until I erased the SD recordings (!). But reading the above, maybe it was coincidence and just had to do with the channel stability, and or the stability of my box... I had lots of issues the first 48 hours but after that (the last 6 days) just "usual" bugs - no unwatchables, dropped recordings, etc. [0xfa]

·
Legend
203 Posts
BJM said:
Hm, I thought I had a different issue (I posted this in another thread...) - I had an SD copy of U2 and The Fray, and was trying to record an HD version, but those recordings never "stuck" in my To Do list until I erased the SD recordings (!). But reading the above, maybe it was coincidence and just had to do with the channel stability, and or the stability of my box... I had lots of issues the first 48 hours but after that (the last 6 days) just "usual" bugs - no unwatchables, dropped recordings, etc. [0xfa]
could be a coincidence on your side because I've been able to replicate it a few times (that's how I got the receiver locked up and had to reset it when I played with the channel up and down as it switching to the HD feed) and it is similar to what other people are experiencing recording HD sports programming with NFLST. What I haven't tried is to see if the receiver fails when the desired HD program follows another scheduled HD program (i.e. the HD feed is already active).

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
You are reporting a bug that those of us with sports subs (I have NHL Center Ice) have been reporting since day one. It hasn't changed since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.