DBSTalk Forum banner

Channel 203 : Stop Unfair Satellite Taxes

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Jtaylor1 
#1 ·
I was going through our channel guide a few minutes ago,when I noticed that DirecTV has added channel 203 to the guide.It is a constantly running slide,encouraging subscribers to contact their members of Congress to ask for support of the "State Video Fair Taxness Act [HR 3679]".
According to the info on the slide,a bipartisan group of members of Congress have already introduced this bill in an effort to prevent any state from charging higher taxes on satellite subscribers than on other video customers,with cable TV be mentioned first and foremost on the slide.
The title at the top of the slide states in bold letters "BIG CABLE IS STILL COSTING YOU MONEY".
DirecTV is also providing a phone number to contact members of Congress,along with a website to visit,as an alternate point of contact.
* A note to the mods*
I realize that this thread is mentioning politics,but since this is coming straight from DirecTV,I felt a need to post the information.Besides,if you tune into channel 203,I imagine most if not all DirecTV subs will be seeing this message on their TV screens.If the mods feel a need to close the thread,please feel free to do so.
:)

#11 ·
:lol:
Glad to see that I could bring a smile and get some laughs out of some of the crowd on here.
:D

To each their own.Anyway,I imagine this issue would be of interest to alot of folks that are on fixed incomes and have no choice but to keep a close eye on their budgets in these days and times.
:)

#13 ·
dcowboy7 said:
"hurumpf"

-heady lamar from "blazing saddles"

Governor William J. Le Petomane: Thank you, Hedy, thank you
Hedley Lamarr: It's not *Hedy*, it's *Hedley*. Hedley Lamarr.
Governor William J. Le Petomane: What the hell are you worried about? This is 1874. You'll be able to sue *her*.

---

[Hedley arrives at Grauman's Chinese Theater]
Female tourist: [to her husband] Look, Irv. I'm in Hedy Lamarr's shoes.
Hedley Lamarr: [correcting her as he runs past them] HEDLEY.

---

Hedley Lamarr: Repeat after me: I...
Men: I...
Hedley Lamarr: ...your name...
Men: ...your name...
Hedley Lamarr: [to himself] Shmucks.
[continues aloud]

Hedley Lamarr: ... do pledge allegiance...
Men: ...do pledge allegiance...
Hedley Lamarr: ...to Hedley Lamarr...
Men: ...to Hedy Lamarr...
Hedley Lamarr: That's *Hedley*!
Men: That's Hedley.

#15 ·
Jeremy W said:
Blech, watching this SD garbage all day long? I'd rather poke my eyes out with a rusty piece of coax. If this slide were HD, however...
It will be coming anon, when D11 lights up....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.