DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Yes it would. But not that nice. I could think of much nicer uses of the graphics memory - like a well designed interface! Or maybe even skins! (an idea I'd really like to see on the PVRs, all of which, even the DISHPlayer, are capable of it)

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
Skins are the interface of the Electronic Program Guide (EPG). What he is saying is that it would be nice if Dish customers could change the interface of the EPG to make it look better.

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Luge, I'm talking (like Bowling For Soup said) aout custom looks to the interface. Just like you have for Windows XP, and most media player software.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
My Mitsubishi receiver (Directv) has channel logos in the guide, but my UTV receivers don't. It looks good, but it really isn't that big of a deal...

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Originally posted by karl_f
My Mitsubishi receiver (Directv) has channel logos in the guide, but my UTV receivers don't. It looks good, but it really isn't that big of a deal...
I agree, they are nice and I wouldn't avoid a guide that had them, but compared to sooo many other issues (Readability, information, etc) the Logos are lower on the list of priorites or necessities

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
Another problem with logos is having to update them because I've seen my friend's DirecTV receiver, and they have the REALLY old Trio logo. I'm sure it must be pretty hard to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.