DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else lose Cnn,Hln,Spike,Bravo,Fx,Comedy central,and a bunch more. I have the Choice Extra Classic and had them at 2am this morning.Did someone at Directv hit the wrong button.Signal strengths are 90+ but i am showing Channel Not Subscribed (721).

·
Legend
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
asjdws said:
I'm having the same problem. These channels worked last night but now I get Channel not subscribed(721).
Directv Reauthorized my receiver then had me wait 10 mins,Then had me do a reboot.I'm back up and running with all my channels back. The CSR said they had a glitch in the system and would notify the engineering dept as i was her 3rd call with the same problem. Hope this helps someone else!

·
Icon
1,569 Posts
I think everyone (or nearly everyone) experienced a similar problem. I noticed that I did not have HGTV, Food Network, History, TLC, Discovery, and a few others, but I did have my locals, ESPN, TNT, and USA. I reset one reciever and checked another. The other receiver had the same problem, and resetting the reciever had no effect. I called DirecTV, but while I was on hold, the channels began to reappear one-by-one. About 20 minutes after HGTV reappeared, all of the missing channels had reappeared.

I hung up before I ever had a live person respond at DirecTV. That was the longest I had ever been on hold without getting a CSR, so I expect there was a problem with the entire system. It appears to be resolved now.

·
Icon
804 Posts
JoeTheDragon said:
was this some kind of way to cut off people with hacked cards
I doubt it. As far as I know, no one is successfully hacking DirecTV anymore. I know some people in the smart card programming industry (legitimate access control type apps) and no one has heard of anyone doing it anymore. Not saying no one is doing it, but if they are successfully hacking DirecTV, they aren't telling anyone.

·
Legend
273 Posts
Wisegoat said:
I doubt it. As far as I know, no one is successfully hacking DirecTV anymore. I know some people in the smart card programming industry (legitimate access control type apps) and no one has heard of anyone doing it anymore. Not saying no one is doing it, but if they are successfully hacking DirecTV, they aren't telling anyone.
I'm some one has done it just to do it but the hack isn't being shared. Any one who has the brains and the type equipment to figure out the algorithm(s) isn't interested in manufacturing and selling hacked smart cards. Although I'm sure it's possible and probably easier to figure out a way to bypass the need for a hacked smart card entirely by changing the FW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.