DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that "Channels I Get" is getting a lot better? As far as I can see, everything is right except the RSNs and three channels in the 400s.

· Godfather
325 Posts
It's definitely made some improvements, but in addition to what has been said, Hotpass channels are showing up for me even though I don't subscribe. Also, all Choice Xtra channels are listed even though I only subscribe to Total Choice.

· Registered
21,543 Posts
Michael D'Angelo;1689420 said:
The HD extra's are still showing up for me. I canceled the package about 3 or 4 months ago.
I'm still seeing the HD Extras as well, along with a couple of dozen RSN's I don't subscribe to. I'm supposedly getting all the "sex" channels in the 590's. (Upon checking, I noticed "Boat Bangers 5" is out on channel 595! Apparently, the saga continues! :lol:)

In all seriousness, my biggest gripe is that titles from channels I DON'T get continue to show up in SEARCH results. This has been one of the top 3 items on the Wish List for the year I've been editing the list:

Display only the channels that are in your current subscription package in SEARCH results.

/steve

· RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
I noticed also that more channels are being added (or should I say deleted) from the "Channels I Get List". But it is still basically worthless as it isn't even close to excluding the channels not in my package (FAMILY). Plus, lots of sports channels are excluded, but a lot of them aren't either (like the HOT PASS channels). In addition, it says I get all of the XM channels when in reality my package only includes 2 (I have actual XM radios so I never use their DirecTV feeds anyway).

Something like a "channels I get" list is only valuable if it is 100% accurate which it is not. I'd say it's about 60% accurate nowadays.

· RIP
6,203 Posts
Search still searches ALL channels

CIG still picks up channels to which we don't subscribe.

Verdict: Two years and it still doesn't work.

I know...it's the most complex technology issue to face mankind ever...they're working on it.

· Godfather
385 Posts
Question: if you have your guide set to custom and have only the channels you subscribe to, then do a search, Does the search include ALL channels or just the ones you have selected in your custom setup? I don't use search but may start, depending partly on the answer to the above question.

Thanks

· Registered
21,543 Posts
bigwad said:
Question: if you have your guide set to custom and have only the channels you subscribe to, then do a search, Does the search include ALL channels or just the ones you have selected in your custom setup? I don't use search but may start, depending partly on the answer to the above question.

Thanks
Unfortunately as of now, there is no way to filter SEARCH results by custom channel lists. It's on our Wish List, tho, as part of the comprehensive SEARCH request.

/steve

· AllStar
57 Posts
bigwad said:

Thanks
It searches all channels. There is apparently no way around this huge deficiency in DirecTV DVRs. If only they could behave like the TiVo I bought years ago...

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rather than saying it's nowhere near accurate, may I ask you to give some details? Our last thread on this subject was very helpful to DIRECTV in finding problems, and I'm hoping this one will be too.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see West Coast DNS but not East Coast... but as these are all LA market stations I should get them.

155 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
Has anyone else noticed that "Channels I Get" is getting a lot better? As far as I can see, everything is right except the RSNs and three channels in the 400s.
Yes, mine has gotten better. I've added extra pack so those are out of the equation. But the 500s are no longer a problem like they were before.

· Hall Of Fame
4,743 Posts
total choice (old) -

i dont get any of these but they are showing up in my channels i get list:

215 nhlhd
217 tnnshd
230 diy
258 fmc
266 biohd
271 hint
284 scihd
285 id