DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
4,253 Posts
I could see this charge for 2 reasons:
1.) you had it less than 30 days.

2.) you got equipment fixed or a service call for free and had not been a subscriber and in return agreed to carry it for 1 year adn canceled before that.

· Icon
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dodge boy said:
I could see this charge for 2 reasons:
1.) you had it less than 30 days.

2.) you got equipment fixed or a service call for free and had not been a subscriber and in return agreed to carry it for 1 year adn canceled before that.
I got the protection when I upgraded to HD a few months ago so those dont fit for me.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
cmtar said:
I got the protection when I upgraded to HD a few months ago so those dont fit for me.
I wonder if they treat it the same as "downgrading" programming? In the past (it's been a while), I got charged a fee...I can't recall if it was 5 or 10 bucks when I dropped Showtime & Movie channels. I just laughed when I was told, but of course, saved a lot more than that in the first month of cancellation. I think they consider it a "processing fee", since they are losing future income, instead of gaining it.

Of course, when you add programming, there is no such fee.:) (but similar processing).

I'm not complaining...it makes sense in a perverse "get every dime you can" sort of way...after all why should they make it "no pain" to drop services?:) It also might prevent capricious "start/stop" orders for individual showings.

· Icon
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RAD said:
The terms and conditions at http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/DirecTV_service_contract_v4.pdf

say :While this Plan may be canceled by you for any reason, an administrative
fee of ten dollars ($10.00) will be assessed if the Plan is cancelled mid-term.

So since you cancelled it during the 1 year term you got hit with the $10 fee.
oh ok well that explains it, not a big deal i was just wondering why the fee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.