DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Go Pack!
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last month I got dinged for my first of 6 payments for the NFLST but this month it just says zero and I wasn't charged for payment #2. Simple question, why?

I have no desire to call D* and ask what the problem is and spend time on the phone for something that isn't my doing or choice. I have no problem waiting until the start of the season and if there is no NFLST on week 1 for me, then call and raise hell. And yes, Channel 107 says "authorized". I am not looking to get something for free and will gladly pay my NFLST fee but I am not going to call to beg them to take my money.

Any thoughts what's up???

Here is last months bill:
Current Charges for Service Period 07/01/08 - 07/30/08
06/04 07/03 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Renewal Notice: No Payment Due 0.00
07/04 07/03 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Early Renewal in 6 Payments 41.50

Now here is this months bill:
Current Charges for Service Period 08/01/08 - 08/30/08
07/04 07/03 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Early Renewal in 6 Payments 0.00

**I only included the line items that pertain to NFLST on my bill. The rest of the line items are package, receivers, tax, etc**

· Legend
202 Posts
My charges for this month haven't populated yet. However, I do have the following on my 'Current Setup':

----
NFL SUNDAY TICKET...$41.50
MLB EXTRA INNINGS...$179.00 per month for 1 month
MLB EXTRA INNINGS SuperFan...$50.00 per month for 1 month
NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan...$99.00
----

This appeared the moment I signed up for Sunday Ticket. What I found odd was that for the MLB package, they spelled out the number of months that I would be paying for it. And they did when I originally had the Sunday Ticket item listed (I cancelled it, then I changed my mind and had them re-add it).

So, since it says $41.50 with no number of monthly payments spelled out, I have been waiting to see if I will be charged more than the first month. So far I paid the first month, and this month's charges will populate probably this weekend or so.

Interesting to see that others may be having the same type of issue.

· Godfather
497 Posts
This happened with my Hotpass billing. They billed correctly for 1st and 2nd months, skipped the 3rd month billing and continued billing for the following 2 months, 3rd and 4th payments. Why they did it that way, I don't know. I didn't call to ask.

Don't worry, they will bill you what you owe eventually.

· Registered
137 Posts
Same issue with a bit of a twist...

I was charged my first installment of NFL ST in last months billing. I look at my new billing info online this morning and I notice I'm not charged for the next installment for NFL ST, however I am charged $16.50 for SF of which I was told would be free this season back on July 1...so I called and the notes in my account were there that SF would be free and the CS rep told me that my payments for NFL ST should have started in Sept. so they will pick it back up next month. She credited the $16.50 for SF and made sure once again that SF would be free and it is again notated on my account and NFL ST charges will pick back up next month...odd but am glad things are clear and it took all of 5 minutes on the phone with her...

and as a side note...she answered my call by saying 'thank you for being one of our long-tenured customers, blah, blah, blah' so it looks as though they are making a point to recognize us loyal folk that have been around a while once again...

· Cool Member
19 Posts
since 2/96 said:
Same issue with a bit of a twist...

I was charged my first installment of NFL ST in last months billing. I look at my new billing info online this morning and I notice I'm not charged for the next installment for NFL ST, however I am charged $16.50 for SF of which I was told would be free this season back on July 1...QUOTE]

I have the same issue but haven't called. I plan to wait until Sept to see if its still an issue. Who knows, maybe they'll give me NFL ST for the price of $41.50. As for the SF charge, I do plan to get that resolved but will wait to see if they figure out the NFL ST issue first.

· Godfather
497 Posts
996911 said:
Thanks for all the input everybody! Seems like there is no rhyme or reason sometimes with D* :)
I would much rather have my billing messed with than service any day. Cable (Cox) tv/internet around here is out frequently. My Directv and FIOS just goes on and on, like the Energizer Bunny. (Knock on wood here). :D

· Legend
173 Posts
Same thing happened to me also. Superfan was free last month now it is 16.50 in 6 payments. Sunday ticket was $41.50 in 6 payments last month and now is $0.00 in 6 payments. I guess I need to call in and have them correct it so I get my free Superfan and make sure I continue to get charged for Sunday Ticket come September.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.