DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,189 Posts
Charlie "retired". He's no longer CEO. Until recently there was not much to talk about. Now there is Hopper/Joey, but that is not enough "news" to fill 15 minutes let alone an hour.

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
boba said:
Does anybody really miss them?
Yes. Now we have to find other things about DISH to mock. :D

There were a couple bad shows over the past few years, there were better shows. There were a couple of informative shows that were worth watching.

The past few years were certainly not the "glory days" of Charlie Chats ... and when the program lost its luster they started doing them less often until they silently went away.

There are so many ways to reach their customer now that the Chats are fairly unneeded. Most of the content is available on channel 101, 102 or 103 and the 'ask the CEO" part of the program probably hurt more than it helped the last couple of years. The program simply became unneeded.

In my opinion, of course, which does not reflect the opinion of the site, DISH or anyone else, sane or insane. :)

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kind of miss them. I found them informative (in an obviously biased way). What is the best way to stay abreast of what is happening with Dish? I have a 922 and am pretty disappointed. The sling functionality is not that great and I would really like to be able to get HBO Go and/or [email protected] I had not heard of the Hopper/Joey setup and am not sure what it is from the website. Does the Hopper supplement your existing box or replace?

RB

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
ronbrown said:
I kind of miss them. I found them informative (in an obviously biased way). What is the best way to stay abreast of what is happening with Dish? I have a 922 and am pretty disappointed. The sling functionality is not that great and I would really like to be able to get HBO Go and/or [email protected] I had not heard of the Hopper/Joey setup and am not sure what it is from the website. Does the Hopper supplement your existing box or replace?

RB
Check out the Hopper forum area but it replaces your existing equipment.

· Icon
616 Posts
Maybe he was advised to discontinue, so that he would not make any more empty promises.

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
jsk said:
Did they ever have enough "news" to fill an hour?
December 2005 was pretty good, IIRC. Whichever one they spent introducing the ViP 622 before putting it on sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.