DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
What the heck??!?! Chattanooga has an HD feed of their CW affiliate and Nashville still doesn't? :confused:

· Hall Of Fame
1,561 Posts
OK it is now official.

Every DMA surrounding the Huntsville DMA has HD locals. Nashville to the north, Memphis to the west, Birmingham to the south and now Chattanooga to the east.

5 Posts
Johnnie5000 said:
Holy crap they are! Finally. I can confirm it as working too.
3 - WRCB - NBC
9 - WTVC - ABC
12 - WDEF - CBS
53 - WFLI - CW
61 - WDSI - FOX
All have a HD feed now. No 18-GPB or 45-PBS though.
Hi, everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster! I was waiting on HD locals for Chattanooga to speak up. :)

NBC and ABC looked great this morning, but CBS and FOX weren't showing HD content. So I'll have to wait until later to check out the PQ.

The DirecTV website doesn't show WFLI in HD, but there were two listings for channel 53 in my guide this morning. So do we really have WFLI in HD or not?

· Godfather
470 Posts
Ok, question about programming, I have the premeire w/no locals, is it just simply a matter of changing my pkg to premiere w/locals. I went on the web site and started to do it, but then a big Warning popped up informing me something about losing my Starz,HBO,Cinemax and Showtime channels, so I backed out. I really and truly hate the Directv site, I'm always guessing at what I'm doing and if I'm going to do something I don't want to do.

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
ItsJustTroy said:
The DirecTV website doesn't show WFLI in HD, but there were two listings for channel 53 in my guide this morning. So do we really have WFLI in HD or not?
If one of them is the station call letters, that one is HD. The other will be a city name abbreviation plus the station channel number. That will be the SD version.

· Hall Of Fame
1,056 Posts
rebkell said:
Ok, question about programming, I have the premeire w/no locals, is it just simply a matter of changing my pkg to premiere w/locals. I went on the web site and started to do it, but then a big Warning popped up informing me something about losing my Starz,HBO,Cinemax and Showtime channels, so I backed out. I really and truly hate the Directv site, I'm always guessing at what I'm doing and if I'm going to do something I don't want to do.
To get the HD locals, you need to subscribe to local channels and the HD Package.

· Godfather
470 Posts
techrep said:
To get the HD locals, you need to subscribe to local channels and the HD Package.
I've already done it, but there is no Add Locals, you have to choose the package you want with locals. I have the premiere with w/HD Access, but there is no simple Add Locals selection, you have to include them with the package. I've never liked the site, and doubt I ever will. It's just not friendly to me, but that's of course just my opinion.

· Hall Of Fame
1,056 Posts
rebkell said:
I've already done it, but there is no Add Locals, you have to choose the package you want with locals. I have the premiere with w/HD Access, but there is no simple Add Locals selection, you have to include them with the package. I've never liked the site, and doubt I ever will. It's just not friendly to me, but that's of course just my opinion.
Go to the site below and enter your zip code:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/localChannels.jsp?assetId=900018

· Godfather
470 Posts
techrep said:
I see it now, but to me it proves my point, I would expect to be able to add locals simply and in one click, I would also expect to find it under the section My Account, the location of the locals is in what I consider the generic Programming packages section. They are added and everything seems to be ok, I don't see the local PBS station, evidently they aren't carrying the HD version of it, but I don't see it in my guide. I'm pretty disappointed that 'The CW' isn't in HD :(

But, let's not carry this any further, it's just distracting from the good stuff, like Chattanooga has local HD channels :)

5 Posts
I've had DTV for since 2005 in Chattanooga and have been using an antenna that worked most of the time because I didn't want to buy an expensive one and keep waiting for HD locals through DTV. I'm very excited about this, even if CW isn't in HD yet, I'm still quite happy for the other channels.

Even if the HD PQ is not the best it has to be better than the SD PQ on my TV. That was painful to watch.

LK

· Hall Of Fame
2,463 Posts
rebkell said:
Rebkell, it appears you have Total Choice Premier-no locals, not Premier-no locals. Total Choice Premier is an expired package, therefore you cannot change it to Total Choice Premier with locals. You would have to add the local channels on ala carte. The only way to do that is by calling DirecTV.

When you do call in, make very sure you get the local channels added on at $3.00 a month, not $6.00 a month. Since locals were only $3.00 a month extra when Total Choice packages (Total Choice, Total Choice Extra and Total Choice Premier) were the active packages, the locals are still only $3.00 to add.

· Godfather
470 Posts
Newshawk said:
Rebkell, it appears you have Total Choice Premier-no locals, not Premier-no locals. Total Choice Premier is an expired package, therefore you cannot change it to Total Choice Premier with locals. You would have to add the local channels on ala carte. The only way to do that is by calling DirecTV.

When you do call in, make very sure you get the local channels added on at $3.00 a month, not $6.00 a month. Since locals were only $3.00 a month extra when Total Choice packages (Total Choice, Total Choice Extra and Total Choice Premier) were the active packages, the locals are still only $3.00 to add.
I hope I didn't screw up, but I changed to the Premier with Locals and the price only increased $3.00, so I'm hoping that that I didn't knock myself out of anything, I can't tell that I did, looking at my guide and such.

· Godfather
452 Posts
ItsJustTroy said:
Hi, everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster! I was waiting on HD locals for Chattanooga to speak up. :)

NBC and ABC looked great this morning, but CBS and FOX weren't showing HD content. So I'll have to wait until later to check out the PQ.

On my HR20, the HD listing is the one above the SD. No idea if they will ever show any HD shows or not. Doubt you'll see That 70's Show reruns in HD. Maybe the new seasons of Reaper or Smallville.

Easy idea: go into the system menu, under either the display or HDTV option (depending on model) and select Hide SD Duplicates.

rebkell said:
I don't see the local PBS station, evidently they aren't carrying the HD version of it, but I don't see it in my guide. I'm pretty disappointed that 'The CW' isn't in HD :(

But, let's not carry this any further, it's just distracting from the good stuff, like Chattanooga has local HD channels :)
The top guide listing of CW *edit*is supposed to be*/edit* the HD. I think they may just be too cheap for HD programming. And yes it is a very very good thing that the HD locals are finally here. :D Channel 45 is supposed to be coming. Just a matter of playing the waiting game on it, I know GPB will probably be first though.

ki4cgs said:
I just called into Directv and got two free HD DVR receivers with free professional installation. Looks like I'll be enjoying Chattanooga locals in HD and all the other HD channels on Friday! :)
PM me on how the install goes. I'm trying to keep an eye on these things here in Chattaboogie. If its a brand new install you may actually get a SWMLine LNB (don't get your hopes up though).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.