Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.
Wife finally approved the purchase of an HD plasma! Happy day. Now a couple questions for the team here re: upgrading my receiver.

I have R10 now and need to stay with TiVo (part of the conditions put forth by my wife for spending the $$ on the plasma set). According to the CSR at DTV there are no HR10s available now (but I could be put on a waiting list for the DTV HR20, no thanks after three crappy R15s), yet I see here in very recent posts that people have obtained them from DTV. Am I missing something?

I find them for well over $300 on eBay for used...is there a resource for new or used HR10s that I am not aware of?

Final question: assuming I get an HR10, would love your opinions about whether HDMI is THAT MUCH better than component connections from the tivo to the plasma. (The reason I ask is there is an HR10 for sale for cheaper but the HDMI output is non-functional.)

So:
1) Can I get an HR10 from DTV somehow?
2) Where is the best place for new/used HR10 if not eBay?
3) HDMI vs Component

THANKS!!:)

·
Legend
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
mrb said:
Greetings.
Wife finally approved the purchase of an HD plasma! Happy day. Now a couple questions for the team here re: upgrading my receiver.

I have R10 now and need to stay with TiVo (part of the conditions put forth by my wife for spending the $$ on the plasma set). According to the CSR at DTV there are no HR10s available now (but I could be put on a waiting list for the DTV HR20, no thanks after three crappy R15s), yet I see here in very recent posts that people have obtained them from DTV. Am I missing something?

I find them for well over $300 on eBay for used...is there a resource for new or used HR10s that I am not aware of?

Final question: assuming I get an HR10, would love your opinions about whether HDMI is THAT MUCH better than component connections from the tivo to the plasma. (The reason I ask is there is an HR10 for sale for cheaper but the HDMI output is non-functional.)

So:
1) Can I get an HR10 from DTV somehow?
2) Where is the best place for new/used HR10 if not eBay?
3) HDMI vs Component

THANKS!!:)
Whoops...I see my #3 question has JUST been addressed...so just the first two, thanks.

--mrb

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
#1 - VERY unlikely... major emphasis on VERY
#2 - Weakness.com however, they are starting to get rare.. Last time I checked Weakness was still sold out on them.

Also check www.tivocommunity.com for some additional resources.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.