DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Icon
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I check the connection from the DECA to the internet to make sure it is working 100%? I've got the DECA on a wireless repeater, so the connection is not standard.
I used the menu on my HR24 and went to "test connection" and it says "Congratulations, you have successfully connected your DIRECTV receiver to the internet. Your receiver will download cinema movies over the next 24 hours. Please wait 24 hours before trying to access movies."

Does that mean it is online for sure or is there another way to check? When I use Smart Search, I don't get an youtube titles like it says in the DirecTV manual book.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,640 Posts
Just give it some time to "soak in". Another check would be to hit the right arrow and see if TVapps come up. Again, if you have JUST connected it to the internet, it may take a little while for all that stuff to work.

Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
You can also do a system test and display more info and you should have the detailed info listed.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
If it says you are connected to the Internet, you are connected to the Internet. Also, as you said, since TVApps came up that will also confirm it.

- Merg

·
Hall Of Fame
2,580 Posts
You can also ping the box from a computer that you know has access to the internet. If you get replies, you should be fine. If you want to test it for stability, you can put a -n 1000 at the end of the command.

ping 192.168.1.170 -n 1000

would ping my box 1000 times. If you get several "no reply" messages, something will need to be tweaked.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
MikeW said:
You can also ping the box from a computer that you know has access to the internet. If you get replies, you should be fine. If you want to test it for stability, you can put a -n 1000 at the end of the command.

ping 192.168.1.170 -n 1000

would ping my box 1000 times. If you get several "no reply" messages, something will need to be tweaked.
This will verify it has network connectivity, meaning its on his home network. It wont verify access to the internet.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,580 Posts
CCarncross said:
This will verify it has network connectivity, meaning its on his home network. It wont verify access to the internet.
However, if the PC has access to the internet and the gateway and DNS are the same on the DirecTV box, then most likely, the DirecTV box will have internet access also.

·
Legend
197 Posts
WestDC said:
You can also do a system test and display more info and you should have the detailed info listed.
I installed the connection kit last night and I am able to control the receiver with my iPad (how sweet is that). I assume I'm connected to the internet but as of this morning I stll cannot access TV apps. I'm getting a 301 error message, "TV apps still initalizing." Am I premature in my thinking that it should have loaded by now or does it really take 24 hours?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,640 Posts
golfnut-n-nh said:
I installed the connection kit last night and I am able to control the receiver with my iPad (how sweet is that). I assume I'm connected to the internet but as of this morning I stll cannot access TV apps. I'm getting a 301 error message, "TV apps still initalizing." Am I premature in my thinking that it should have loaded by now or does it really take 24 hours?
Did the receiver tell you it was connected to the internet when you ran the network setup? If it did, you may need to wait a bit more. Do you have any VOD channels yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.