DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downloaded version 0x115 last night. I am reporting this in a separate thread since I don't really know if this issue is new or not. It's possible I just never had this exact series of events before.

Version 0x115 began downloading for me at 9:03 Pacific Time and concluded at 9:12. My standard procedure after any reboot is to check satellite signal strength on both tuners on the 101 satellite, and check ATSC signal strength on OTA 4-1 and 28-1 (LA area).

When I went to check signal strength on the satellite, the HR20 told me that this would interfere with my recording of "The New Adventures of Old Christine" at 9:29 (9:30 -1 padding). Not caring so much, I went on with the signal checks.

All signals checked out ok and I was done with that stufff by 9:17. Sure enough, the 9:29 recording was canceled. I added it manually and AFAIK it recorded fine last night.

I don't know if this is because I padded it, and maybe it checks the to do list by 1/2 hour increments, or if this is its attempt to make sure I had enough time to do a full signal check.

This is a pretty benign issue, as you're warned what it wants to do, but there wasn't any need to cancel that item in my case. If there were an option like "I promise I'll be done before that, don't worry" I would have picked that.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
This is not a bug in the new version.
That is how the system has always done it.

One of those... "We don't know how long you are going to be there" but we want to warn you.

IIRC, it is a 30 minute window.

· DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
This is not a bug in the new version.
That is how the system has always done it.

One of those... "We don't know how long you are going to be there" but we want to warn you.

IIRC, it is a 30 minute window.
Earl is fast to the punch....

FWIW, this is a pain and it would be nice if you could check the signal strength before a recording. Especially for those of us with an indoor antenna.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Earl and CUIllini, for the prompt responses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.