DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new release looks like it reset the Dolby ON/OFF reversed bug in my HR20, so I had to turn DD back on to get Dolby Digital output. Some have still reported it is reversed for them still.

I don't know if this is fixed, but you might want to check and continue to monitor the status of your Dolby Digital audio.

·
Legend
206 Posts
Thanks to everyone in this Forum I finally got DD to work about a week ago. After the update this morning it stopped working again. I had to go into the audio menu options and turn it back on. When that didn't work I turned it back to off and now it works.

·
Legend
216 Posts
kenmoo said:
Thanks to everyone in this Forum I finally got DD to work about a week ago. After the update this morning it stopped working again. I had to go into the audio menu options and turn it back on. When that didn't work I turned it back to off and now it works.
Thank god D* has finally introduced some consistency to this box.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
I have not on the new update yet - but was only getting DD with it set to off. I tried one of the suggestions posted here -

- Turn DD to ON then to a red button reset -

And it did fix it. DD Channels will default to the DD audio setting when available, and changing the channel doesn't turn it off.

I did this reset twice - the first time, I toggled the switch to OFF, then back to ON and then it reverted to the OFF is ON, ON is OFF state. Switched it back to ON, did the reset and left it alone, so far OK.

·
Icon
578 Posts
I'm just learning to live with it working in the Off setting for now. It was working in the On setting by toggling like mentioned above, but it reset itself back to working in the Off setting.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Just FYI - someone posted in the 0XEB Issues thread that you can toggle DD on-off-on in quick succession and get the setting to reverse. I've tried it and it works - I did it yesterday afternoon and got the HR20 back in synch with what my A/V receiver is actually getting again. "On" is on once more, and "Off" is off again.

·
AllStar
96 Posts
Well this sucks.

After reading this thread, I decided to check out to see if my system was working properly. I found out that on was on. I switched it off, and then back on.

Now I am reversed. I tried the rapid cycling, and no go. Guess I'll have to do the reset. Should have left it alone.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Don't bother with the reset, just try to switch it three times again. If your HR20 is set to "Off" to enable DD, turn it to "On", then "Off" and then "On" again, all without leaving the Setup menu. It worked for me to get "On" to really mean "On." No reset required.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
LameLefty said:
Don't bother with the reset, just try to switch it three times again. If your HR20 is set to "Off" to enable DD, turn it to "On", then "Off" and then "On" again, all without leaving the Setup menu. It worked for me to get "On" to really mean "On." No reset required.
Mine is still bass ackwards.

When I first got the HR20, on was on. At some point it switched (shows how close I look at it, I have no idea when it changed!). Turned output to off and it was on.

After the update, I noticed that I was getting no DD, so I switched it "ON", but still got no DD. Switched it back to "OFF" and magically DD is back.

Fortunately, this has been the worst of my problems, so I won't complain about it too much.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
btmoore said:
Give yourself some time. ;)
I've got 6+ weeks under my belt so far.

In all honesty though, unless the BSOD were to rear it's head here, the partial recordings and missed recordings would probably go largely unnoticed. :sure: Aside from maybe 3 or 4 programs that we'd be bummed to missed, most of the others wouldn't really be missed all that much. In fact, more often than not, if there's a Sharks game, I cancel CSI on Thursday nights for the game (in that time slot we have CSI and Grey's Anatomy, and if Grey's doesn't get recorded, my name is Mud!)

We've been fortunate that it hasn't missed any recordings, but aside from Grey's and NCIS and Desperate Housewives, the rest we can live without.

Isn't that just Murphy's Law for you! I expect the DVR to record when it's supposed to, but I don't have much MUST SEE TV. Mine works fine. Others who have a much, much broader range of MUST SEE TV seem to be the ones facing the most problems... Go figure. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.