DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My installation was Monday. Everything has been working flawlessly until yesterday, my HD local channels were saying searching for satellite.
After calling D* tech support and going to reboot and dish setup again, we found that on satellite 103 my even transponders 2, 4, 6 all had 0 (zero) signal strength.
This morning, they all seem to be working fine, but the signal strengths are still zero for the even transponders. Any ideas or clues? They are going to send a tech back on Monday to look at dish alignment. But I dont think that is the issue.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
If you are gettign anyting on 99 and 101
Then it is possible there is a multiswitch, LNB, or possible something with the box... that has gone bad.

As I know the SAT didn't stop transmitting last night, as I got my 3 Thursday night records

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ALL other channels were working fine last night, and this morning they are ALL working just fine, even the local HD channels.
Is it normal for the even transponders on 103 in chicago area to be zero?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jspiewak said:
ALL other channels were working fine last night, and this morning they are ALL working just fine, even the local HD channels.
Is it normal for the even transponders on 103 in chicago area to be zero?
I don't remember... I'll have to check when I get home.

·
AllStar
65 Posts
My even transponders on 103 have been zero since my AT9 installation on Oct. 5, but today they show zero, 20, & 30. The others (1,3,5) are in the 98-100 range. I assume this is normal. On 99, I had all six active until yesterday, when one dropped to zero, but now all six are reading in the 70-98 range.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info, I feel a little better that mine is correct now.
All the local HD channels have been fine all day now. I'll assume I had a fluke or a bug of some sort yesterday and I'll call to cancel the service call for monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.