DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Legend
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was flipping through channels this morning I noticed my WGN channel 9 was not in my custom channels. When I edited the channels there are now 2 channel 9s. One is WGN 9 (in HD!) and the other is CH9 (sd). With wgn now in HD, I'm not as interested in the OTA update as I was before this.

Earl, did they send out any information on this?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
No, they haven't released a press release or anything like that.

Check the General Discussion forum... a lot of "additional" channels in some local markets have been turned on in the last couple days.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
DanPainter said:
Yes wgn channel 9 in chicago area hd has been turned on. has anymore locals been turned on as well here?
No.

· You call I haul..
309 Posts
I was wondering is this for the superstation WGN..and if so does this mean that everyone that gets this channel will get it in hd or just the local people in that area.. sorry for such a stupid question just wondering....thanks

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
No this is for the WGN CW Affiliate (aka local WGN).

This does not change the Superstation WGN

· Godfather
485 Posts
If only Ray Rayner was still on. Cuddly Dudley would look prety scarry in HD.

Those old enough to remeber sing along..

There was green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born
The loveliest of all was the unicorn....:)

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Vader14 said:
When I was flipping through channels this morning I noticed my WGN channel 9 was not in my custom channels. When I edited the channels there are now 2 channel 9s. One is WGN 9 (in HD!) and the other is CH9 (sd). With wgn now in HD, I'm not as interested in the OTA update as I was before this.

Earl, did they send out any information on this?
Thanks for the heads up, hadn't noticed it. Now if they'd work out WTTW HD please. :)

· Godfather
262 Posts
Wow, that is a very very pleasant surprise...my HR20 is finally stable, WGN HD in Chi and word of 40 HD channels in 24 weeks!!! D* delivering some xmas gifts....Lets just hope all this new HD is not HD Lite.

Earl, is there any word on the PBS HD offerings (last I heard, there were negotiation problems with PBS on a national basis)

· Hall Of Fame
1,070 Posts
Is it MPEG4? I have a non-DVR HD receiver, and I still only have SD Channel 9.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
cookpr said:
Wow, that is a very very pleasant surprise...my HR20 is finally stable, WGN HD in Chi and word of 40 HD channels in 24 weeks!!! D* delivering some xmas gifts....Lets just hope all this new HD is not HD Lite.

Earl, is there any word on the PBS HD offerings (last I heard, there were negotiation problems with PBS on a national basis)
The people I talk to, are not in the area that deal with the contracts and carraige portion of things... so, I don't have any information about PBS

Sorry

· Godfather
373 Posts
Wish we could get WGN in HD nation wide. I'd love me some High-Def Cubs action. I guess I get Comcast HD in chicago in HD, so there would be a few cubs games...one can only hope with the 150 nation wide compacity promised to us, WGN-HD would be one of them! :)

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
tpayne105 said:
Nothing quite like Bozo in HD! Or is that the Cubs?? Hey now just kidding, I AM a Cubs fan!
What's the difference?

· Godfather
373 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Again... what's the difference... :D
Without even looking at your avatar I can see you are from the south side of Chicago. I can almost smell the Pierogis :lol:

The Bears and the Sox are completely overrated....whereas the Cubs are completely rated as they should be: Crap.

Having said that, I still love them and I'd still never cheer for the White Sox in a Series ;). There's also no where I'd rather be on a nice June day than Wrigley.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.