DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I received some weird info from the Directv rep about a problem I was having, wanted to see if anyone understands.

My problem which has happen twice. Select a Watch Instantly movie and stops five minutes into the movie displaying a long message about the movie is not completely recorded scanning the disk for finding it.

The second time (4 days later) was a CineHD 1080p movie that was to start at 8:30. I set the DVR to record it (I did this action at 8:00). Start watching at 9:00 and same thing happens.

I am on the phone with Directv and she says the CineHD movies are downloaded over my broadband connection.

Is this true?

Here is my understanding of what connection is used when, is this right?

1) PPV comes from satellite at a predetermined time slots
2)Watchnow - pre downloaded from satellite on hard disk
3)Cine, Cinehd - rotating satellite time slots, not saved on hard disk unless selected
4)On Demand - Broadband connection download when selected

The DirecTv rep left me with a very scary impression that the Watch Now and CineHD are downloaded via my broadband connection....

· Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I say it is scary is that, are they using my Broadband to download all the CineHD, or watch it now movies? If so when do they do the downloads? What if my broadband provider has bandwidth caps?

The rep implied everything was downloaded over broadband, which I don't believe. I was hoping some here might know the details of how the different d=services work.

EDIT- okay I selected a CineHD movie on channel 146 for 11:30 start time. It is now 11:36 and the record light is on, menu says 6min (partial) I checked my router for realtime bandwidth monitoring, no download bandwidth being used...I think that confirms it is coming from the Sat, and the rep was wrong.

Still don't know why I only get the partial records, my original problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.