DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· AllStar
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a message on my DVR that said they were having a Cinemax freeview on August 17-20. I'm surprised they would have a Cinemax promo in August and another HBO and Cinemax freeview on Sept 14-17
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
266 Posts
Seems the free previews are a monthly occurrence. I already have the movie channels, would be nice if they offered a free PPV movie for those of us that already have the channels.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
743 Posts
banditt76 said:
Seems the free previews are a monthly occurrence. I already have the movie channels, would be nice if they offered a free PPV movie for those of us that already have the channels.
Freeview weekends are offered by the movie networks, not by D*. They are used to promote the network and new shows they produce to attract new subscribers. All D* does is flip a switch that allows you to see them.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
266 Posts
alnielsen said:
Freeview weekends are offered by the movie networks, not by D*. They are used to promote the network and new shows they produce to attract new subscribers. All D* does is flip a switch that allows you to see them.
I know they are, I was just looking for a freebie. ;)
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
266 Posts
PrinceLH said:
I wonder if there'll be a discount for Cinemax and HBO, during the free preview?
Nope doesn't work that way, never has, never will.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
31,115 Posts
banditt76 said:
Seems the free previews are a monthly occurrence. I already have the movie channels, would be nice if they offered a free PPV movie for those of us that already have the channels.
alnielsen said:
Freeview weekends are offered by the movie networks, not by D*. They are used to promote the network and new shows they produce to attract new subscribers. All D* does is flip a switch that allows you to see them.
The ongoing promotions are weekend teaser promotions to entice folks to add those channels.

This is not a new marketing technique.

The programming content (selection) available during the promotion periods seems to vary considerably by channel group.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
31,115 Posts
skoolpsyk said:
For sure!

It would be nice if there was a sticky thread for free preview, with the title updated as they appear!
Actually...I see the notices pop up in the messages on my DVRs regularly....but typically only go through them (for deletions) once every week or so...but the posts always are a nice heads up.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
95 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
Actually...I see the notices pop up in the messages on my DVRs regularly....but typically only go through them (for deletions) once every week or so...but the posts always are a nice heads up.
for some reason I don't seem to catch them on my dvr--I always end up finding out about them some other way (or not--probably missed several).
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,743 Posts
"skoolpsyk" said:
Hey, before I start scheduling a bunch of movies, does anyone know if Cinemax shows them in their OAR? or do they zoom the widescreen movies like HBO does?
Cinemax mostly plays the movies at aspect ratio 1.78. There have been a few exceptions in the past though.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,220 Posts
linuspbmo said:
I just received a message on my DVR that said they were having a Cinemax freeview on August 17-20. I'm surprised they would have a Cinemax promo in August and another HBO and Cinemax freeview on Sept 14-17
I love free stuff.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top