DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Icon/Supporter
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to order cinemax today. Its no longer listed as an availble product on e*'s website ( channels are still availble in guide) could not order it on line (option was not availble) I also tried to order via remote control (customer service app) Its not listed there either. Am I losing my mind or is another "lifetime" like situation developing?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

· Hall Of Fame
3,474 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,474 Posts
After I signed in, on the Add Programming page, under Movies, it says, "Four great movie packages to best serve you and your family. Add one or a combination of packages." (emphasis mine) Then when I clicked the "more" link, there were only the same three available. Hmm!

· Banned
11,498 Posts

· Banned
11,498 Posts

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
pez2002 said:
$11.95 a month for cinemax how many channels

If i want cinemax on comcast it would cost me $3 extra dollars I have hbo/starz/showtime
It isn't $11.95 extra on E* if you already have the others. :rolleyes:

This is interesting considering the cancelled preview.
Perhaps E* is fighting to get Cinemax HD?

· Legend
141 Posts
I went to:

http://www.cinemax.com/about/

picked satellite and entered a couple of different zip codes and this is what I got:

-----------------------------------------
DISH Network

> HBO, HBO West, HBO2, HBO2 West, HBO Signature, HBO Comedy, HBO Latino, HBO Family,MultiMAX Package Available Separately

Call To Subscribe
(800) 333-3474

----------------------------------------
I also did a web search for: multimax cinemax

And found several sites that refered to it. Do the search yourself and you see what I mean.

I get the impression there is a name change in the works by calling it Multimax since the package does contain more than the original Cinemax .

Maybe Dish is slowly updating their website?

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Multimax is (or was the name of the package). The channel brochure I have from Fall 1998 lists it as Multimax. But lately it's just called Cinemax, the HBO package is no longer HBO The Works, it's just HBO.

· Legend
214 Posts
pez2002 said:
I remember the hbo the works Package Back in 1997 hbo 2 Relaunched as hbo plus and hbo 3 went as HBO signature then came HBO Family

when did HBO Comedy debut ???
Cable Providers
TCI CABLEVISION OF OHIO > HBO,HBO2,HBO Signature,HBO Family,HBO Comedy,HBO Zone,HBO Latino,HBO HD,Cinemax,MoreMAX,ActionMAX,ThrillerMAX,Cinemax HD
Call To Subscribe

Don't look for reliable information from the Cinemax order Cinemax site, TCI sold out in 1998, Charter was our cable company by 2001, and recently they sold to SuddenLink. I called the number listed on the site and got the Your Call Cannot be Completed as Dialed.

Interesting enough TCI CABLEVISION OF OHIO had a W.V. number.. Call To Subscribe
(304)485-7433

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Yeah it’s kind of funny. I live on the cable border of TW Rochester and the new TW Buffalo, I enter the town next to mines zip code and I get ‘There are no cable operators in our system that service this zip code’. I enter my zip code and I get the info about my Time Warner division. Looks like HBO hasn’t updated their database when it comes to former Adelphia areas yet for the new Time Warner Buffalo division. I get the same message for every zip code that I enter in this area who’s town had Adelphia as their cable company. Oddly enough, if I enter a zip code for the city of Buffalo I get the correct information, it does say Time Warner Cable and the phone number I'm assuming is correct.

· AllStar
57 Posts
Steve Mehs said:
Yeah it's kind of funny. I live on the cable border of TW Rochester and the new TW Buffalo, I enter the town next to mines zip code and I get 'There are no cable operators in our system that service this zip code'. I enter my zip code and I get the info about my Time Warner division. Looks like HBO hasn't updated their database when it comes to former Adelphia areas yet for the new Time Warner Buffalo division. I get the same message for every zip code that I enter in this area who's town had Adelphia as their cable company. Oddly enough, if I enter a zip code for the city of Buffalo I get the correct information, it does say Time Warner Cable and the phone number I'm assuming is correct.
Heh, my zipcode is up to date; shows Onelink Communications. Been a year since they took over from Adelphia.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.