DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a deal on $300 off an HDTV and a HD Directv reciever for signing a contract for a year of Directv at Circuit City. But the guy didn't give me an installation date and said I had to set up the install with Directv. I did get a Directv account number when I signed up so I called Directv to set one up myself. They set it up and a dude from Circuit City Firedog shows up. He takes 10 minutes to tell me I can't get HD Directv in the suburbs cause of two trees in the back yard. :rolleyes: Directv's CSRs don't seem to care about my complaints.

What's my course of action? I want Directv to come out and install it instead of these idiots. What should I do? Who do I get in contact with?

According to DirecTV the store "never pushed it through", I have the reciever and the TV paid for and in my house, should I just cancel my card and try to sign up with Directv directly? It says I have an account number but it isn't activated.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
I would call DirecTV with your concerns and see if they will step up and rectify the situation CC put you in.

·
Legend
200 Posts
I would cancel the order with circuit city which you should still be able to do and get any money back that you paid for the dtv equipment. The only problem is that you won't qualify for the $300 with directv. You would, however, still get the $100 lease rebate on the hd receiver. Unfortunately there's not much dtv can do about an installer with another company, you could probably ask for a 2nd opinion from the installation company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.