DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 remotes per 722 receiver. I have 2 722 receivers. However, there are times when the signal from the receiver 1 remote controls the receiver 2.

Is there a way to prevent them from getting mixed up?

Thx

·
Icon
678 Posts
Yeah dont have them on the same remote address.

Pull up system info (hit menu twice on the remote or just hit the sys info button on the receiver).
Take the remote to the receiver.

Take note of the primary and secondary remote addresses.

Hold down SAT for 5 seconds till its blinking.
Punch in any number between 1 and 15 thats not already in the address fields.
Press and release pound once.
Press and release record three times.

Having all remotes on different addresses should do the trick, and keep in mind TV2 remote must be addressed at the receiver not at its corresponding tv.

·
Legend
133 Posts
Call DISH, there are codes available for each remote, I had a problem with a neibor's remote changing my channels, and vise versa,Dish helped me over the phone change the individual remote codes over the phone, and now no problems, I have 2 722, and one 612, all work without problems.

·
Icon
678 Posts
dlt said:
Call DISH, there are codes available for each remote, I had a problem with a neibor's remote changing my channels, and vise versa,Dish helped me over the phone change the individual remote codes over the phone, and now no problems, I have 2 722, and one 612, all work without problems.
Your thinking of the wrong codes, those are codes for addressing the dish remote to the tv set and not the receiver.
The method i provided above is the correct sequence for fixing this, i know for a fact because i used to take this call atleast 20 times a day when i worked for dish ;)

·
Godfather
499 Posts
Inkosaurus said:
Your thinking of the wrong codes, those are codes for addressing the dish remote to the tv set and not the receiver.The method i provided above is the correct sequence for fixing this, i know for a fact because i used to take this call atleast 20 times a day when i worked for dish ;)
Other than the fact that it was his neighbor's remote causing the conflict, the problem DLT was having was exactly the same as the OP. While he incorrectly referred to the "remote address" as a "remote code", it's pretty clear that Dish didn't help him change his remote/tv codes but took him through the same steps you described to change the remote address.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.