DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
AllStar
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clear skies out today and no obstructions and got a complete loss of signal message while I was watching something. It acted like it does when it's storming where the signal will get kinda choppy, etc. and then just cut off. Is DISH having SAT problems today or is it the solar flairs or something? I'm on the Eastern Arc, Zip code 30052. Thanks. It's been out for about a half hour now.

·
Godfather
455 Posts
dttruax said:
Clear skies out today and no obstructions and got a complete loss of signal message while I was watching something. It acted like it does when it's storming where the signal will get kinda choppy, etc. and then just cut off. Is DISH having SAT problems today or is it the solar flairs or something? I'm on the Eastern Arc, Zip code 30052. Thanks. It's been out for about a half hour now.
Same here. Philly locals are OK on 61.5. Nothing on 72. Lots of similar posts on satguys. Maybe solar activity.

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
Yup no 72.

·
AllStar
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I was thinking since it was acting like it does when losing signal during a storm so I was pretty sure it's not a hardware problem. I rebooted the receiver and it just hangs on the acquiring signal screen....

At least I can watch things on my DVR.....

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
I didn't have clear weather at the time, so I blamed it on my local weather.

It looks like the signals came back without the channel shifting needed the last time there was a failure on Eastern Arc.

914 Posts
We did have an uplink center experiencing problems but it has been restored. Are you still having signal issues with your service? Please let me know. Thanks.

dttruax said:

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
I had a complete signal loss yesterday. Had to do a check switch on all 4 receivers. Now for my problem.....two receivers saw 72//77//61//and 118. The other two receivers see only 118 and 77? I have reset, unplugged and ran check switch multiple times. Any one have any suggestions. Thank you.

Pete

·
Legend
119 Posts
Got complete signal loss again. Same deal as before.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.