DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain to me why my "History" listing is full of stuff from the next couple of weeks into the future? Is there any way to clear the history so that maybe I can figure out why my manual recordings still don't work?

Still can't figure out why I can't set a manual recording from 5am to 6am on Comedy Central. I can't figure out at all how to record The Daily Show and Colbert Report - can't set them in the 8pm slot because other things are already recording, and can't get it to do a series link on any of the other slots.

Using OXEF....

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
When your unit reboot to get 0xEF and 0xEB.... all the programs that where in the ToDo list... where "canceled" when the unit rebooted and tried to validate them against and empty guide data table. (they all get re-entered when the guide populates and the schedulers runs).

As for clearing the History... no, I am unaware of any procedure short of a full reformat of the system... that will reset History

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
mrshermanoaks said:
Can anyone explain to me why my "History" listing is full of stuff from the next couple of weeks into the future? Is there any way to clear the history so that maybe I can figure out why my manual recordings still don't work?

Still can't figure out why I can't set a manual recording from 5am to 6am on Comedy Central. I can't figure out at all how to record The Daily Show and Colbert Report - can't set them in the 8pm slot because other things are already recording, and can't get it to do a series link on any of the other slots.

Using OXEF....
You can't and I agree about what History contains, you have to change your paradigm on what History means, think it of the "History" as a log of what what has happened and what the prioritizer has decided will not be recorded in the future. Sort of a future not to do list. Makes my mind hurt every time.

On Daily Show and Colbert, set up normal series links and just set them to the lowest priority. As long as there is no conflict at 8:00-9:00 pm PST you will get the first showing, since they show it like 5 more times in the next 24 hours, it is highly likely that it will be picked up in one of the other showings. That is what I have been doing, and it looks like it is working.

· Cool Member
26 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
When your unit reboot to get 0xEF and 0xEB.... all the programs that where in the ToDo list... where "canceled" when the unit rebooted and tried to validate them against and empty guide data table. (they all get re-entered when the guide populates and the schedulers runs).
Can you please spell out exactly what I need to do to get a manual to record? Every time we create a manual it says they are all "cancelled" and none of them record. My wife is ready to throw out this DVR and switch to cable.

I hate having to go in and select each episode manually, but hey...maybe thats why you call it a "manual". :)

I have no idea when the "schedulers run", but it isn't doing a thing for the manuals. They still show up as "cancelled" in the history list, they never show up in the to do list.

recurring
Everyday
12:00 AM
01hr00min

· DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally cancelled another show so that I could set up the Daily Show and Colbert records with the low priority, then re-set my show for that time slot again. What a pain, but at least it's recording now. 3 times a day, sometimes, so if I want to make sure I have two days worth of episodes I have to set it to keep six. But it's recording.

I gave up on manual records, and I haven't seen anyone post they have one working.

Appears to not be possible at this time

· Legend
220 Posts
Manual recording works for me. I have a manual record setup for the first 20 minutes of Jay Leno to go M-F. (to get the monologue and repeats)

· Cool Member
12 Posts
My efforts to record Daily Show, Colbert, Simpsons, and Keith Olberman through manual presets have all failed miserably. Like others, I'm forced to "manually" select these recordings from the slow-to-navigate schedule grid. Dear Lord, how I miss my HR10 Tivo unit!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.