DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a problem for at least the past two or three months where the close-captioning on my local PBS station doesn't display properly. It does show up, but it all runs together and portions of it don't appear at all, making it very difficult to read.

I have already examined the following:

- The problem is not with my TV or with the local channel satellite feed in general --- I receive close-captioning for programs that have it on all other local stations in my area and on all satellite stations for programs that have them just fine.

- The problem apparently doesn't originate with the station itself --- I switched the over-the-air signal and the close-captions on that display just fine.

Should I contact Dish Network about this problem? Would they be able to help? Or does the problem somehow actually originate from the local station (although I can't imagine how) and I should contact them instead?

For the record, I have a Super Dish and receive my local channels from Satellite 105. My local PBS station is Think TV 16 Dayton, Ohio WPTD (www.thinktv.org --- they also operate a couple other stations which are available on cable locally, but unfortunately, Dish Network doesn't carry and I can only barely pick up on the over-the-air signal.)

·
Legend
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I will dash off an e-mail if I check and see the problem isn't fixed.

Edit --- I just checked and the problem is fixed. Wow, good show. I guess people who work at Dish Network read these boards, eh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.