DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got an r15 and programmed the remote to work with my 6 year old sony tv. all is fine, but how the heck can i get the closed captioning to come on with this remote? if i try to hit "menu" with the slider on tv, it tells me i'm in tv mode.'

i really like the captions--anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
litzdog911 said:
The remote included with the R15 will not control "menu" settings on your TV .... just channel changing and volume control/muting. You'll need to use the TV's remote, or get a suitable Universal Remote.
anybody have any ideas for a decent inexpensive remote that works with the r15, and would let me use the menu on my sony?

thanks!

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Wildgift said:
anybody have any ideas for a decent inexpensive remote that works with the r15, and would let me use the menu on my sony?

thanks!
The one-for-all urc-3220 & 4220, have to be considered the cheapest remotes with preset code for the R15. The only other OFA with a preset code is the 6-in-1 Kameleon urc-6960. Other upgradeable OFA models like the urc8910, 9910 can have sat code 1377 loaded over the phone.

The sony rm-vl600 has a preset code, its SAT 3214.

Theres the RCA rcr815m, code SAT 5094.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Edmund said:
The one-for-all urc-3220 & 4220, have to be considered the cheapest remotes with preset code for the R15. The only other OFA with a preset code is the 6-in-1 Kameleon urc-6960. Other upgradeable OFA models like the urc8910, 9910 can have sat code 1377 loaded over the phone.

The sony rm-vl600 has a preset code, its SAT 3214.

Theres the RCA rcr815m, code SAT 5094.
many thanks for the tips

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
I imagine you've already tried this, but just in case...

Many TVs will display captions when you mute the sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.