DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, Please D* gods. Program closed captioning on/off on one of your "color" buttons. Twenty clicks to switch is rediculous. I go back and forth quite often because of "dynamic" audio on movies and CC for live broadcasts are pretty much useless. Also, is it the box or the source when captions are garbled? Can anyone explain the different CC tracks available in the setup menu?

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
I agree D* needs to add a button for easy closed captioning. Great idea to code one of the colored buttons. On my last Samsung box they had a botton devoted solely to CC and I miss it a lot.

·
Legend
206 Posts
On the Closed Captioning topic does anyone know where to find documentation or instructions on using the sub menu options for CC? For example there are selections of Service 1-6?

·
AllStar
76 Posts
Speaking of closed captions, has anyone else been able to get CC working on the MPEG 4 locals via HDMI connection? Mine works everywhere but the MPEG 4 channels.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
Sah said:
Speaking of closed captions, has anyone else been able to get CC working on the MPEG 4 locals via HDMI connection? Mine works everywhere but the MPEG 4 channels.
Mine work over HDMI the same as the component.

However, they are not transmitting CC on WABC HD Channel 86 mpeg-2 (NY) or it's mirrorred mpeg-4 channel 7. :down: I can confirm the channel 86 statement on my HR10-250 and H20. I can confirm the mpeg-4 channel 7 with an H20.

With FOX, they're giving CC on FOX HD channel 88 mpeg-2 but NOT on the mirrorred FOX 5 mpeg-4.:shrug:

With CBS and NBC there's CC everywhere.:up:

I've called twice about this but they have no info and say they'll pass it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.