DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jerkieman said:
Wow, people hate this box, read the comments.
In those comments
There are some people that are very unhappy with it.
There are also people that are happy with it.

There are some people in those comments that just can't get past that it isn't a TiVo... there are others that are having problems, but can see the upside of the unit.

It is no different then it is here....

There are people all over the place.

And just like here, and a significant amount of other forums.
There is no validation of the users... so there is no way to tell if ANYONE has or doesn't have an HR20... There could be people fuelling the fire who have never actually used an HR20... there could also be people trying to put it out that don't have them either...

Welcome to the Forums, and the relatively anonymous internet.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
HaiChinGow said:
You sir, are quite funny. I have done some checking and you should not make judgement calls in areas that you have not researched more carefully. If you weren't a MOD, I would consider putting you on my ignore list. Earl has talked about deleting users, and/or "giving them a vacation". Other mods, (look back a few posts) have also mentioned censoring or deleting due to views that were not consistent with dbstalk.

here is a quick litmus test for you, how would you feel if you were a D* investor? Would you still feel that the situation was handled correctly by using this proxy (dbstalk) as a method to manage an important release?
1) Yes... I spoke of putting users on "vacation"... for violation of our forum rules... specifically... attacks on users. Not once has it been related to some ones opinion or comments.

2) We don't delete users... ban them yes, for multiple violoations of the forums rules... (or violating certain ones such as spamming)... we have never banned someone because of their "views", provided they express those views within the rules of the forum.

3) We have deleted threads, that have absolutlely nothing to do with the threads, and don't add any merit to the discussion... That is part of the job of moderating the forum. We don't "censor" people opinions or views...

4) There is an official DirecTV forum... which DirecTV does monitor. Just because they have opted to also look at other forums out there...... why is that wrong? Do you only read one forum to get the information on products?

Granted we are lucky enough here to post the technically un-official release notes for the units... So yes.. DBSTalk is viewed as a very significant point for the feed back on the systems.. (not just the HR20... but most of their product line)

If we wanted "that" kind of forum... don't you think about 1/3 of the posts that have occured this past week.... would still be here?

We have let an enourmous amount slide over the last couple weeks....
And frankly... it is going to end.... And if that results in having to BAN users (on any side of the arguments) who violate the rules of the forums. Well then... That is what it is going to be. And frankly.. .bottom line.

If you don't like, instead of putting us on your ignore list.... delete www.dbstalk.com from your favorite list.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
mcl said:
I must've missed where Circuit City and Best Buy keep them.
About a year or so ago, Best Buy "toyed" with carrying components (cases, motherboards, processors, power supplies) I think part of that experiment has ended though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.