DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. It's the worst picture I've seen, and we have to pay for this crap.
Luckily, I have an OTA and I switched to it, and the picture is perfect !

I called a friend of mine who has DTV and he said his is the same.

I'm getting real tired of crappy video from DTV !!!!!

Anybody else noticing this?

· Legend
261 Posts
In my market, we do not have HD. I can pick up everthing but Fox and NBC in HD OTA. All of my locals, and many others via D in SD, have a poor picture quality ONLY on my HD DVR, not on my TIVO's or my other receivers. The PQ on my HR20-100 is great, however, on the HD content. I don't understand this at all. This ballgame has a much better picture on my "little TV's."

· Cool Member
29 Posts
I had to turn the channel because the picture was so bad. I was looking at it on the local NBC channel delivered by DIRECTV and OTA and both were as bad as the other. The local channel added a second sub channel recently (Universal Sports, which is channel 3-3 here) and that is taking away from the picture. It's too bad that they are taking away from the HD signal for the sub channels.

· Icon
685 Posts
NBC has consistently had the poorest quality hd video of any station that broadcasts true hd. Not just football but that is about all I watch on that channel. Notre Dame and NFL has always been grainy on that channel. Local problems are probably compounding this situation for some. It looks decent here.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Firefighter said:
As the title says. It's the worst picture I've seen, and we have to pay for this crap.
Luckily, I have an OTA and I switched to it, and the picture is perfect !

I called a friend of mine who has DTV and he said his is the same.

I'm getting real tired of crappy video from DTV !!!!!

Anybody else noticing this?
My picture looks great

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
Firefighter said:
It's horrible here in Indianapolis. OTA is 10x better.

It's just ridiculous that it's this way. As much as we have to pay and we get crap in return.

Sorry, just had to vent some more.
Looks just fine here, both OTA and via DirecTV are the same. NBC is typically pretty bad but I must say the quality is better as of late. But then my NBC has been upgrading their equipment for some time to deliver a better picture.

As for your problem, it's obviously a local issue. Contact your local station and tell them that the signal that DirecTV provides is worse then then OTA version. Also I'd report it on your local thread at AVS as others can tell if if they have the same problem with that affiliate and if you're lucky the station engineers post and read the thread like they do in my market.

And yes, you could contact DirecTV (I'd send them an email to report it) but you'll get much better results going to the local station as it's in their best interest to make sure their signal is getting to DirecTV properly. They may not even be aware of the problem.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.