DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called D* tonight because I thought the Bull's game was supposed to be in HD and wasnt receiving it. I later on figured out that for some reason they were not broadcasting it in HD anyway. But while I was on the phone with D* I asked what was the size of the spotbeam for HD Comcast and they said I would receive that channel when the local HD channels come into my area. Now does that make any sense or does she not know what shes talking about? Also I live in the Moline,Illinois area which is on the boarder of Illinois and Iowa am I in this spot beam or is D* just not know what there talkin about? Spot beam map would be great too if anyone has one.

·
Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
In another thread someone posted that they had been told by DTV that even if one is within an existing spotbeam, HD RSNs won't be available until local HD has been enabled.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobnielsen said:
In another thread someone posted that they had been told by DTV that even if one is within an existing spotbeam, HD RSNs won't be available until local HD has been enabled.
I love how D* makes everything incredibly confusing! The way I was told in July was that if I got the h20 and the Comcast Chicago HD would pop up when they launched the channel.

·
AllStar
58 Posts
BigN,
I am in Northern Indiana and I watched some of the Bulls game on 640 and it was in HD. Unlike the Blackhawks game this was in 16X9 as well. Do you have 2 channels in your guide with the number 640? I had to pick the one labeled RSN.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
adunkle said:
BigN,
I am in Northern Indiana and I watched some of the Bulls game on 640 and it was in HD. Unlike the Blackhawks game this was in 16X9 as well. Do you have 2 channels in your guide with the number 640? I had to pick the one labeled RSN.
I didnt see two channels like you did. Are you capable of receiving local channels in HD where you live?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
adunkle said:
BigN,
Ah crud... now I remember.

Where the locals are HD first, the RSNs are HD second...
Dam... I did have two listed, I didn't even think of checking the other one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.