DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast now offers HD OnDemand for streaming video to STB's. It's free. I have watched Starz and Cinemax HD OnDemand, and I'm very impressed. It was only about six months ago that OnDemand was only SD. They are offering CBS HD OnDemand and adding other networks. It saves so much room on the DVR hard drive to be able to watch a program OnDemand at your leisure. Many of the networks are already SD OnDemand. So Comcast is making strides. Right now they are offering a bundle for Digital voice phone service, Internet, and Digital Cable TV (includes HBO, Starz & Digital preferred) for $128.99 per month for a year! In the market I live, Comcast has gone totally digital, no analog. Picture is equivalent to DirecTV, I have suspended my account with DirecTV for 270 days, the maximum. They have been using MPEG4 AVC codec for sometime now.:)

The Motorola DCT-3412i has SATA hard drive, and is digital only dual tuner DVR. It also has eSATA for future use to potentially adding an external hard drive. Also has IEEE 1394 that is active for connecting to a PC or MAC.

This is my HD lineup:

ABC,CBS,CW,FOX,NBC & PBS (6 HD locals)
MHD
TNT HD
Discovery HD
Universal HD
ESPN HD & ESPN2 HD
NESN HD
Cinemax HD
HBO HD
Starz HD
Showtime HD
INHD & INHD2
FSN HD
PPV HD
By years end we will have National Geographic HD,A&E HD, HDNet, HDMoviesNet for a total of 25 HD channels.

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
By years end we will have National Geographic HD,A&E HD, HDNet, HDMoviesNet for a total of 25 HD channels
newcs, where did you get your information about HDNet and HDNet Movies being added to
your Comcast system by year-end (23 days)? Comcast has just taken over my local Adelphia
franchise and they are telling us we will lose (not loose) the HDNets next month.

See my post on the same topic here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=745716&postcount=32

· Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick said:
newcs, where did you get your information about HDNet and HDNet Movies being added to
your Comcast system by year-end (23 days)? Comcast has just taken over my local Adelphia
franchise and they are telling us we will lose (not loose) the HDNets next month.

See my post on the same topic here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=745716&postcount=32
Here is a link:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=82107

I know it will vary from market to market initially, and will eventually be available nationally for all Comcast. The conversion from Adelphia to Comcast should benefit former Adelphia customer. You shouldn't be losing programming, but getting more once they make the change.

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
Thanks for the link but I have heard that rumor before, among others. Satguys is not
what I consider to be a very reliable source, and their source's contacts didn't sound
all too sure themselves, not that I don't hope it turns out they are right in the end.

A letter from Comcast laying on my desk at the moment is my source. If I can get my
new mf printer to scan, I'll post a copy.

· Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick said:
Thanks for the link but I have heard that rumor before, among others. Satguys is not
what I consider to be a very reliable source, and their source's contacts didn't sound
all too sure themselves, not that I don't hope it turns out they are right in the end.

A letter from Comcast laying on my desk at the moment is my source. If I can get my
new mf printer to scan, I'll post a copy.
Thanks for the feedback. Well if they don't add the HDNet right away, I won't be to disappointed. I hope at some point they do finally get it added, and make some arrangement.

· Godfather
304 Posts
That's a great deal!

newcs - what's your opinion on the Motorola DCT-3412i so far???
Do you have an HR20? How would you compare the D* HD DVR equipment and the Comcast stuff?
What happens during and after the "suspension" period w/ D*?

You've peeked my interest b/c Comcast just finally started offering Voice in my area...

Thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.