DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Legend
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My year of $20 Discount from Comcast for leaving DISH is up in July - - - I would LOVE to switch to DTV - - - IF and WHEN they start carrying CSNW......until then I will have to bite the bullet and budget wisely to pay more in order to continue to get almost ALL of the Portland Trailblazer games and most in HD.

DTV tells me that they are in negotiations with Comcast.....sure do hope they can work out a deal so I can make the switch and save some coin.:(

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Here in Northern California, we at least got the Blazer games (in SD) on the League pass. I am with you in hoping DTV gets the deal done for the Blazer fans in Oregon and in HD for us displaced BlazerManiacs!

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
The games were offered in SD or HD, depending on if the home team broadcast was carried in HD by DTV. Blazer games, therefore, were only available in SD for games in Portland. (CSNW not carried by D*)

Oh, by the way, the league pass blacked out the Blazers for subscribers in the home territory (all of Oregon).

cyberized said:
"League Pass" - does that mean you have to subscribe to their NBA Package in order to get Blazer games in SD?

TKS Michaelo

·
Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
I would think once D11 gets up and broadcasting and D* has more available space they would get more serious about these negotiations. Until D11 is broadcasting there isn't space for it even if they did come to an agreement tomorrow.

·
Legend
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS fellas for the INFO about this - GLAD I asked! I am addicted to the NEW Blazers and can hardly wait until this next season begins.....would have been a BIG mistake, for me, to have switched to DTV, at this time, I would have been SICK to have found out that they are BLACKED OUT here.
That definitely makes my decision easy now - I MUST stay with my local Comcast and pay more than I'd like to - BUT - they have GREAT coverage of ALL things Blazers. They should get into the playoffs next year and ........COULD GO ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

TKS Michael:)

·
Hall Of Fame
2,838 Posts
CSNW is the EPG name for Comcast SportsNet West out of Sacramento.

If/when D* starts carrying Comcast SportsNet Northwest, I bet it would be something like CSNNW.

·
Icon
871 Posts
I'll be surprised if we see this channel this year. Duck fans will be pissed too because all the local Duck games will be on CSNNW. So if u are a Duck fan in Portland with DirecTV, you won't see them very much this year.

·
Legend
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what I surmised - FIOS does carry the channel but the games would all be in SD..............I have decided that with these NEW Blazers, I have REALLY taken a liking to them and the management that is putting it all together.........I can hardly wait till this next season starts [have never been like that for TB BB].....and since MOST of their games with Comcast here are in HD - they are EXTRA GREAT to watch......had to feel out the competition....BUT now know I will be staying with Comcast......so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBlazers!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

·
Icon
667 Posts
If they don't have a deal in place by the start of the NBA season, I doubt they will ever get it done. I would also expect the Ducks to start looking for a new home once their contract expires. Hopefully they didn’t sign a 10-year deal like the Blazers did. This and KOIN HD have been, and continue to be, the two big drawbacks to getting D* in Oregon.

·
Godfather
326 Posts
ajc68 said:
If they don't have a deal in place by the start of the NBA season, I doubt they will ever get it done. I would also expect the Ducks to start looking for a new home once their contract expires. Hopefully they didn't sign a 10-year deal like the Blazers did. This and KOIN HD have been, and continue to be, the two big drawbacks to getting D* in Oregon.
I honestly can not excuse the Blazers and the Ducks for getting on a channel with so few viewers!! What about the rest of us!! I might as well root for another NBA team. As far as the ducks i don't care but not the point!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,838 Posts
BlackHitachi said:
I honestly can not excuse the Blazers and the Ducks for getting on a channel with so few viewers!! What about the rest of us!! I might as well root for another NBA team. As far as the ducks i don't care but not the point!
Because CSN tossed a lot of $$$ their way.

·
Icon
667 Posts
BlackHitachi said:
I think when the Ducks signed their broadcast rights to CSN NW they never anticipated that it wouldn't be picked up by all the carriers. I think they figured since Paul Allen owned the Blazers and CSN NW that it wouldn't be an issue. But even Allen's cable company, Charter Cable, hasn't worked out a carriage deal. Unfortunately, Allen has refused to get into the negotiations and is letting things play out naturally. But the carriers are not going to pay $2 per customer (FSN only chargers $1 per customer) for broadcast rights, no matter what the market is, let alone Portland, OR. So until CSN NW lowers the rate, they are showing they have no intention of being carried by anyone other than Comcast Cable, and a few select others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.